43. BEGINNING OF THE END

A/N:
Trigger warning.
There will be violence and self harm in this chapter.

They throw my mother and Tillman on the ground in front of us like two sacks of garbage. I stare at my doped up mother, not entirely sure if she'd done it herself or the man in front of me was responsible for that. I suppose it doesn't matter regardless.

The fact of the matter is, even if Scott had supplied her with her dosage this time, she probably didn't mind. She's been long gone for a while and right about now she's completely unaware of what the man next to her is even capable of in this moment. A part of me envies her for that.

"Mom?" Marina cries out, making my attention go back to her kneeling form. "Mama?"

That's my family right there. One on her knees clinging to a sick, twisted sadist and the other lying in a doped-up heap on the floor. That's the Ricci family legacy; my family legacy.

"Relax, Little Dove." Scott pets Marina's head roughly. "She's in her happy place." I don't think twice before I grab a knife from my holster and wing it at him. He dodges it just in time and then glares at me. "I'm not playing games, Malyssa."

"That's all you ever play are games, Scott." He grabs the gun and aims it at my mother, daring me to continue. "Go ahead," I say in nonchalance, "pull the trigger." His eyes widen infinitesimally. "See if I give a shit."

"No!" Marina clings to Scott's leg, pleading with him. "Please don't hurt her. Scott please, don't. Daddy please."

"Do you think I really care about either of them?" I ask, cocking an incredulous brow.

"Malyssa," Wolf growls out lowly, "Stop this. This isn't a safe game to play with him. He will kill every single one of them."

"None of this is a game to him now so none of this is safe." Those words are only audible for him to hear but the next are said loudly, for Scott to hear. "I don't care about my drug addicted mother. She never gave a fuck about me. I could've been dead to her for all she cared." I gesture to Marina, "you know she never cared about us. That's why we are the way we are."

"Shut up, Mal!" She screams through her tears. "Shut your lying mouth!"

"But you, you're so much worse," I pull a gun from my holster and point it at her, "I may as well just shoot you myself for putting me back in this position. You don't deserve him." Scott's eyes sparkle at the emphasis on the word. "But I really should thank you for bringing me home." I begin to walk forward and before I can get a few steps ahead Wolf grabs my arm.

"Malyssa, what the hell are you—" I swing my gun around and aim it at his forehead. His eyes widen in hurt but mine are dead cold. "Ma... Malyssa?" He stutters my name out painfully.

"Fuck off, Wolf. This whole thing was a mistake and shows just how much of a fucking security issue Daddy has." I lower the gun and fire three shots to his abdomen and watch his body drop to my feet. "He won't have one anymore."

"Wolf!" Marina screams but I turn around and aim the gun at her. "Malyssa, no! Please, no!"

"I should blow your head off for thinking you could replace me." I stalk toward her as she clings to Scott's leg for protection. "You think he can protect you from me?" She whimpers as she clings to him, all her previous arrogance forgotten. Once I make it in front of Scott his eyes regard me suspiciously but also in wonderment. "I've missed you." I smile up at him sinisterly.

"Have you?" He reaches out and strokes my cheek affectionately. "Then why not just come back willingly? Why leave me for," he looks over my shoulder menacingly, "that weak piece of shit. I mean, you had to find a whole other man to make up for what he's lacking."