Chapter 1 - Thirteen years

Playing the song got me more into the mood of the story, so I suggest playing it. Also this is a mature book, with cursing and mentions of abuse, please don't read it if you don't like any of this, thank you

Your P.o.v

Red.

That's what this sick and twisted part of the world's unknown was made of.

Red sky.
Red ground.
Red buildings.
Red.
Red....
Just,
Red.

And it was filled with soulless monters...

How do I know this?....

Oh well, it's quite obvious! From the drunken idiots to the perverted sinners, from the perverted sinners to the cold blooded killers! The list went on.

All these lifeless people/creatures here all did something wrong to get down here

I know that too well...I mean, come on!

...I'm one of them!...

For thirteen years today, I've lived down here in this hell hole. I've seen a lot of disgusting and fowl things to know that this place is no hallucination either. You could even say that this was a city for freaks! Like me...

Why do I say this about myself?

...I have my reasons.

I came from a family of peaceful, religious people. We were a wonderful family of four on the outside. But on the inside...

It was just a family of three...

I was the black sheep of the flock, the odd one out. Even though my mother, a sweet and loving woman looked so innocent...and my father, a charming and funny man seemed so proud of his family... they were both fucking pieces of SHIT!

They lock me up! Tell me that I was a DISGRACE and I shouldn't even have BEEN BORN!!! What parents say that to their child?!?!

I had a brother too, he was the younger one of the two of us. He was the favourite.  That was the only thing I understood about my family. He was a bundle of joy and I'm not lying when I say this.

If any of my black heart was still soft, I would go as far and say that I loved him...if only he knew that though, before all of this...-

"Hey! You've been in daydreaming and sitting in this booth for over an hour without buying any booze, you better fucking buy something or you're out!"

That moron of a waiter is back again, does he not have anyone else to bother?!

"Listen idiot, I want to be left alone! If I wanted to get wasted then I would've done that hours ago!" I snapped at him.

"Listen here bitch! This place is open to paying customers, so we don't need some low-life crybaby skulking in a booth that would be better off with someone else's ass on it!" He screeched back.

That was it. The smallest of things at this time would get a good murderous spree out of me!

"You're fucking dead you-"

"Calm down (Y/n), I can take care of this."

I stopped myself to gaze up and the new voice that had interrupted my 'polite' chat with the waiter.

They wore a dark, red hoodie, with dark, grey, ripped jeans. I couldn't see their feet or face, as they had the hood covering their face.

The mysterious figure turned to the waiter.

"Listen...."

They looked at the waiters name badge.

"Dave."

The waiter didn't look impressed.

"I see that you have a problem with this demon here."

The waiter rolled his eyes.

"Oh not at all! Not fucking at all moron!"

The hooded demon didn't reply to his comment but continued talking.

"...Dave, I suggest you leave them alone..."

Where was this even going?...

I had no fucking clue.

"Or what bitch, you can't do shit!" Dave replied.

The other demon stayed silent, their head lowered a bit more now. The only thing that made a sound was the waiters impatient finger tapping as he suprisingly waited for their reply.

But.

It all happened in a blink of an eye.

One second, there was three demons.

Now, just two.

Which was me and the hooded one.

I gave them a suspicious look before gazing out the red stained glass windows of the booth.

I was expecting them to just move on, but no sounds of footsteps fading were heard...just the sound of shuffling.

Curiously, I turned my attention back the demon. They had sat down in my booth, across from me.

I just rolled my eyes and groaned.

"What do you want?"

"Now (Y/n), that's no way to speak to an old friend..."

That got my attention. Before I could asked who they were, the demon across from me had removed their hood and their very familiar face caught me by suprised.

"Hi (Y/n)..."

"...Lauren?..."