45

Caitlin pov
After walking out on Barr, I decided to head straight to S.T.A.R labs instead of going to Jitters for my daily cup of coffee.
I was suppose to get Cisco a bagel but I'm no longer in the mood to wait in traffic and then some more just to get a stupid cup of coffee.
"Good morning" Cisco chirped happily glancing at me with a smile that quickly vanished when he saw me empty handed.
"Where's my bagel?" He whined like a five year old slumping on his chair.
"I forgot" I lied lamely slamming my purse on my desk.
"Fell out of bed this morning?" Cisco commented seeing my current mood.
"Something like that" I mumbled grumpily.
"What happened?" Cisco questioned curiously.
"I'd rather not talk about it" I sighed in frustration shaking my head.
"As you wish" Cisco chuckled.
"Well I'm starving and since you failed to bring me breakfast; I'll just go get some myself. Want anything?" Cisco asked standing up and removing his jacket from his spinning chair.
"Coffee would be nice thank you" I replied with a soft smile.
"Just because you gave a smile" he grinned blowing me a kiss to cue he was leaving.
"Be careful" I called out as a I heard him leave.
"Always" he yelled back happily.
"Well Cisco is in a good mood today" Barry commented walking in with a soft smile.
My heart starting hammering against my ribcage and I tried to hide my shaking hands by sitting on them.
"Good morning" I greeted softly turning my attention towards my screen to distract myself.
Even though I now know it wasn't Barry who I made out with (to which I am gratefully relieved about); I still can't help to feel awkward and uncomfortable around him. I thought it was him all the way up to this morning, so naturally I can't meet Barry eye to eye.
"Thank God you didn't make out with a married man Caitlin" Killer Frost decided to make a hasty remark obviously disapproving of my current actions.
"I know I know. I shouldn't have done what I did. I let my emotions—you know what? No I did this because I wanted to and it was selfish and completely wrong. I'm a horrible person" I replied guiltily.
"You know I'm all here for you having some fun...specially with Barry. But not while he is still MARRIED! I may be a cold hearted bitch but I still have decency" Frost lectured angrily at me.
"Stop! Please! I can't have you lecturing me right now" I whined shutting her out before she got another word out.
"Cait?" Barry asked softly placing a hand on my shoulder in concern and I jumped away startled that he was right behind me. How did he get here?
"Woah—Cait?" Barry asked furrowing his eyebrows.
"Uh-sorry I was talking to Frost. I must have zoned out" I stuttered shifting my gaze back and forth.
"Are you okay Cait? You look a little shaken up" Barry asked eyeing me in concern.
"Yeah yeah I just–it's nothing I'm fine" I said clearing my throat and straightening my posture.
"You're not fine Cait. Look at you, you're all jumpy and scared" Barry reasoned kneeling down and placing a hand on my arm chair.
I stiffened slightly and Barry furrowed his eyebrows at my actions.
"What's going on Cait? Talk to me" Barry spoke softly reaching for my hands but I pulled away quickly and stood up simultaneously with a sharp intake of a breath.
"Nothing" I reassured.
"Okay fine. I'll stop nagging you about it but just know that I know you're not fine" Barry shook his head with a hurt expression
"I need to get to NYPD for a forensic case" Barry added turning his back to me and walking away.
"I'll see you later" He called out dully
"Barry wait!" I called out before he left the lab. He stopped and turned around slightly.
"I'm sorry. I know you're just trying to be a good friend. I had a fight with Barry this morning" I admitted meeting his eyes.
"With me?" Barry asked in confusion.
"Future you" I clarified frowning as the fight replayed in my mind.
"What did he do?" Barry asked curiously crossing his arms.
"It doesn't matter" I shrugged
"It obviously does if it has you this upset" Barry said softly with soft eyes leaning against the wall next to him.
"I'm not upset" I argued softly sitting down on my chair.
"You're upset" he stated as a matted of fact.
"It's nothing you should worry about" I rephrased my reply.
"He didn't hurt did he?" Barry asked narrowing his eyes in suspicion.
"Of course not! Don't be silly! You could never hurt me and that includes future you too" I smiled softly.
"Well I can never be too careful. Future me can be evil for all I know" He said inspecting me not so discreetly for any bruises or signs of injuries.
"Barry I'm fine. It was just an argument" I reassured crossing my arms.
"If you say so" he replied.
"You should head to work before you're late again" I said pretending to go back to work.
"You're right" he agreed pushing himself off the wall.
"It's always ironic that the fastest man alive is always late" I joked with a small smirk.
"What can I say? I like to make a entrance" He sassed back with a smirk of his own.
"Bye Barry" I egged on trying to kick him out politely.
"Bye Caitlin" he mocked walking out
Oh boy I'm in for a long and messy ride....
                    ***
Hello beautiful people,
Hope you're all staying safe and healthy!
Comment down below what you think  and DONT forget to vote!
~Bree ♥️♥️