Cardigan & Lipstick Stain

Sitting alone on the chair at his little square table, in the kitchen by the window. He had a cup full of coffee in his hand. He slowly looked over at the empty chair, as a few tears ran down his cheeks.

The chair still has her favorite cardigan. He never once moved it. Her curly hair fell over her shoulders perfectly and her smile always fit the features of her face. She was so beautiful, the smallest things Calum did always made her laugh, even if it's burning the pancakes in the morning.

The male thought about all those rainy days, where him and his girlfriend used to sit together, before the few months she passed away. It was four years ago. Everyone always tells him that he is too young to know anything. But what he did know that he loved her and she loved him.

Calum, got up from the chair. The coffee was now cold but he wasn't in the mood this morning. His mood leveled up and down through the day. Her voice ran through his head.

They danced all around the kitchen he was standing in right now, with random music, the ghost of her haunted his whole apartment. The coffee up on the counter, it's still stained with her favorite cherry lipstick.

He grabbed his bass and keys, also his light jacket and headed out of his apartment. He was on his way over to Luke's but first he's taken a trip to therapy as always on Tuesdays.

Starting the car, Calum buckled himself in. For almost three years this is how it has always been.

He pulled out his parking space, and drove to therapy.