1. Hogwarts Welcomes You Back Home

My first few years at Hogwarts had flown by yet all the memories seemed to forever play in my head, the classes, the conversations, the dramas and most of all the people. Within my precious first four years of attending the school the people around me had become dear family or people I deeply cared for. Entering my fifth year was a breeze, stepping off the train and following fellow class mates into Hogsmeade Village, soon to be greeted by Hagrid.

Over the summer it was rather hard to stay in contact with my friends, my muggle parents thought Hermoine was just a pen pal that I wrote frequent letters to. Living in a none magic household quite frankly effected me. I couldn't really be myself or talk openly about all my fantastic experiences at school. In fact, I felt rather alone.

"Lana!" my attention was quickly dragged out of the depths of my mind as a familiar voice called my name. Turning around I saw Hermoine stood by the post office. After weaving my way through the crowded streets I finally got to give my best friend a long awaited hug.

"God I've missed you!" I practically squeezed. Hermione was a mudblood and we very quickly became friends in our first year although it sometimes got hard as we both had other friendship groups.

"You simply won't believe the summer I've had!" she dramatically linked arms with me as we headed towards the boats. "Harry and I have been writing to each other," I could sense the rosy blush rising in her cheeks. "I don't understand what you see in him Hermoine, you could do so much better!" I explained, choosing my words carefully.

"What's your deal with him," she spoke out of curiosity.
"He's overly confident, self obsessed and thinks he's amazing," my eyes strained as I had to hold back an eye roll just thinking about him.
"I think he's quite nice," she nudged my ribs playfully, "I don't see you going after any boys!"
"What can I say, I'm a picky girl," we fell into fits of giggles as we continued on our way to the building, further discussing our weird and wonderful summers.

///

The grand hall was silenced as everyone took their places, new first years joined to sit with their given houses. Shooting a quick smile at Hermoine I'm the other tables I turned to listen to Dumbledoore. Most of my friends were scattered in many different houses, for example: Cedric was a Hufflepuff, Cho a Ravenclaw, Hermoine a Gryffindor and I was a Slytherin.

"Now enjoy the feast!" the hall erupted into cheers and claps, everyone back where they belong. The small smile lifted onto my face was cut short as I heard the screeching sound of Pansy Parkinson's voice, "Do you see the way he looks at me!" she squealed to her two brainless friends. "Draco so loves you," the girl with the bob practically shrieked at Pansy, deafening anyone in a twelve mile radius of her. I rolled my eyes but the other girl caught a glimpse and jabbed Pansy in the ribs in order to get her attention.

"Malfoy, liking you, as if!" I chuckled to myself.
"What did you say!" anger bubbled inside of her as her cheeks turned to a tomato shade of red.
"I said there is no way in Merlin that he likes you, he looks disgusted whilst you drool over him every single day!" I scoffed, not wanting to put up with the whines of poor old Pansy Parkinson. Every since the first year she's had a huge crush on one of the Slytherin boys, it's a bit obsessive if you ask me. The three of them went into a huff as I turned to face my friends, all of them laughing at her. "That girls needs to get over herself," I heard one of the boys speak loudly.

I sat back and relaxed while maintaining light conversation and picking at bits of my food seen as o wasn't particularly hungry. It was moments like these that I lived for, coming back to my wonderful magical world after a long summer in the every day muggle life.

///

The feast had been dismissed and the prefects lead each house back to their common rooms to get ready for night hours. As I took a brief glance down one of the smaller corridors I saw professor Snape hounding a boy and pointing his finger at him aggressively, whoever it was seemed to clearly be in trouble. Brushing off my curiosity I headed into the common room, walking past the first years who were exploring and heading straight up the stairs to my dorm. Admittedly, I was rather tired from all the food and travelling. The heavy door swung closed behind me as I walked in on what looked like a form of a satanic ritual.

"What the hell are you lot doing?" I laughed as I walked over to my bed.
"Celebrating!" Julia handed me an intricately detailed shot glass.
"To year bloody five!" somebody called out, sending us all into laughter as we clinked our glasses, trying not to spill anything.

We all downed our shots, squinting afterwards. It felt good to be celebrating but something was still on my mind and my friends noticed as one asked, "Uhm hello Lana, you haven't left us have you?"
"What sorry yes I'm here," my head rapidly turned to face them.
"What are you thinking about?" Amy asked.
"Well earlier on when we were all walking to the common room I saw Snape yelling at this boy," I carefully explained to them.
"Probably some trouble maker," Julia shrugged, reaching behind her to grab a blanket.
"Yeah I'm sure it's nothing," I agreed moments before saying, "right I think we should hit the hay!"
"Agreed," the rest of the girls yawned, picking themselves up off the floor. I made my over to my bed to grab my night clothes and headed to the closet. Once I was in there I let out a sigh and a massive yawn, pulling all my clothes off slowly as my limbs struggled to move from exhaustion. After pulling on my shorts and baggy shirt I headed back into the room, practically sinking into my bed. I was glad to be back home.