Chapter Three: Florentyne

Whoa they give me the chills. I mean it's natural to have unique color of eyes but his gave me a jittery feeling. I plopped into the seat and my thoughts were cut off by the teacher.

"You can ask you know?" I heard a voice say. There wasn't any sarcasm or emotion.

"Sorry, I'm new here. Didn't know you owned the seat." I said scoffing.

He didn't reply and I felt a sense of accomplishment. He must have felt it when I heard him chuckle mockingly. The class went by with me regretting calling his eyes unique.

"Hey." Safra said as we left the room.

"Hey, do you know about that boy, I mean my seatmate today." I said.

"You mean Hardin Barilla. No one knows him really, he's really mysterious, but flirtatious." She started. "He's the only trending topic that has no subject." She added. Typical.

"K..." I said a confused look on my face.

"Hey you, haven't seen you around before." A boy who looked like he had an entourage said.

"Yeah, that's because I'm new." I said somewhat snobbily and excused myself.

"Hmm... hey I didn't say you could leave slut." He said blocking my path and holding unto my arm tightly. I yanked it away from his grip and gave him a punch.

"Feisty." He said wiping his mouth even though no blood was there only a bruise. I have to say I was proud of myself.

"Touch her one more time! I dare you." I heard a familiar voice yell. I turned to see Paul rushing towards me. "I dare you." He repeated angrier than before. Someone dragged me, Safra.

"Is that Paul?" she asked eying him seductively.

"Oh quit it." I said disgustedly.

THUD!!!

We both rushed to see the jerk on the floor bleeding in different places and Paul breathing heavily hardly injured.

"Paul, that's enough, you could get in trouble. Dad said we should keep a low profile." I started as I saw him about to lunge himself at the jerk again. I didn't know his name, what do you expect. He sighed and turned to leave.

"Never touch or hurt my sis again. You hear me?" He demanded. The jerk nodded.

"Paul, why did you do that?" I asked whilst cleansing the little bruises around his cheeks, jawline and face.

"What? I might hate you but I still love you and won't let some pervert hurt you." He said.

"Yes, my hero." I said sarcastically. "You know we are trained by the person so why..." he cut me off. He was looking straight at Safra who was standing at the door.

"Oh quit with secrecy, Paul." Safra said walking briskly towards us.

"Remember Safra, Safra Florentyne?" I asked, he still looked oblivious. "Your pumpkin?" I added. His eyes lit up.

"Pumpkin!" he exclaimed pulling her into a tight hug. They were sworn enemies and closer friends. But I will always remain her best friend. Safra looked delighted too.

"I missed you." She said.

"You sure pumpkin?" he said sitting back down.

"Now I'm not so sure, you look too... much for a 16-year-old." She said flirtatiously. I rolled my eyes.

"You know; I've always known you guys had crushes on each other."

"...what; that is...so not...true." Safra coughed. "Well we really need to go for class, we've missed a period already." She flushed.