Chapter One

The Girl Diaries: Pretty Liar

Copyright © 2021 by M. A. Thomas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations used in critical articles or reviews. This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

For information contact:

info@authormathomas.com.au

Cover design by London Heir Art

ISBN: 978-0-244-43644-5

First Edition: April 2019

To my trio of best friends, I can't tell you with mere words how grateful I am for each of you.

ChapterOne

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.

-Margaret Atwood

Thursday, September 4th

Have arrived at the music bowl at stupid early o'clock with Ayla and the rest of our band mates. We have an all-day rehearsal for our performance tomorrow night as part of the Spring Arts Festival.

Our ensemble will be opening the show tomorrow with instrumental versions of this year's top chart hits, which is just the start of a very crap line up. All of which will be performed by high school students.

2:40 p.m.

If the quality of today's sound check is anything to go by, no one in this town has any hope of becoming fabulous concert performers.

3:05 p.m.

Finally getting back on the bus to go home, I am so exhausted that I am considering asking the bus driver to drop me off at my street as we pass it just so I don't have to go do netball.