A Yakuza & An Artist

~Denn~

"WHAT!?" Denn shrieked in disbelief as her old landlady Mrs. Tanaka hands her a notice of immediate eviction.

"B-but Mrs. Tanaka I don't understand, why am I being evicted!? I always pay my rent at least three months in advance I never make any noise... s-so why all of a sudden?" Denn asks her shoulders slumping in defeat.

"Oh child." the old hunched over small women places her hand on Denns arm. "You are the greatest tenant I've ever had, it's just I can no longer afford to have this old building, the taxes are just too much, I had to sell out." the old woman sighs dropping her hand. Denn looks down to the old woman.

"Sell out? To who!?" she asks no enraged gripping the eviction notice in her fist. Looking back up at Denn the old women grabs the cigarette from her lips and blows out smoke.

"Oh that fancy up and coming company, what was their name again.. uh angry wings.. hmm rage wings..?" the old woman mumble to herself rubbing her chin.

"Fierce Wings?" Denn asks though clenched teeth. 

"Oh yea thats the one! Supposedly they are buying up and clearing out this area for some new big development." Mrs. Tanaka rambles on not realizing Denns mind has wondered far form the conversation.

"..... uo dear?" Mrs. Tanaka asks shaking Denns arm. "Huh what was that Mrs. Tanaka?" Denn asks coming out of her stupor.

"I asked if you have place to stay, I'll be staying with my son in his guest house, I could ask him to make up an extra room for you till you find a new place. It's no trouble really dear." the old woman offers. Smiling down at old lady Tanaka Denn just shakes her head. 

"No thanks Mrs. Tanaka, I'm sure I could crash at my co-workers place for a while." Taking a deep breath she squares her shoulders ready for the task ahead. "Right then I'm off to pack up!" she says ready to walk back to her soon to be former home.

"Wait Denise!" Denn freezes at the usage of your full name. Mrs Tanaka briskly walks up to her handing Denn an envelope. "Here dear its your rent that you paid me for the next three months." she hands Denn the envelope of cash. Looking inside Denn realizes it is a lot more than what she usually pays.

"W-wait, Mrs. Tanaka this is..." putting her hand up she stops Denn from speaking "Dear I'm sure I counted right, thats ALL the money for you rent that gave me." she smiles slyly and cackles. Grabbing Denns arm one last time she squeezes her in reassurance.

"My son will be here to pick me up tomorrow, if you change your mind let me know." she walks off to her residence on the first floor. 

Looking back down at the envelope Denn sighs and squares her shoulders once more

Looking back down at the envelope Denn sighs and squares her shoulders once more. "RIGHT LETS DO THIS!!" Heading to her apartment she begins to pack her things into her car.

                                                          ~ THREE MONTHS LATER~

~Keigo~

"Mr. Takami the building plans for sector 8 are right on schedule, we should be done by the finish date if we keep moving as is." the short slim man in glasses informs Keigo as he follows him through the massive building to his office.

"Hmm... I thought we were ahead of schedule last month, what happened?" Keigo asks as he sits behind his desk grabbing the files from the slim short man.

"W-well s-sir... it looks as if there has b-been some.." the small man shifts anxiously.

"Well, spit it out Mr. Hatori!" Keigo demands his chin resting on his fist his, elbow resting on the desk, his other hand tapping the desk with impatience. Startled Mr. Hatori snaps to attention.

"Well sir it seems that there... there have been cases of vandalism. There have been reports of graffiti and supplies being used to create large structures on the works sites." Mr. Hatori wrings his hands anxiously. Rubbing his chin Keigo contemplates the necessary action in dealing with such petty and childish outbursts from the public. Sighing and rubbing both hands over his face Keigo comes to a conclusion,

"Mr. Hatori clear my schedule for the evening, I shall be going down to the work site myself. I shall be dealing with this, personally." Keigo states as he gets up, he removes his blazer and loosens his tie.

"Sir I think it would be best to let the 7 generals handle this situation, there is no need to..." Keigo stops the old secretary by putting his hand up.

"Mr. Hatori, I shall conduct this hunt myself. It has been sometime since I've enjoyed a good hunt." Keigo smiled darkly. Thinking to himself that while it has been some time since he had properly hunted, this substitute would only satisfy him on a superficial level. It's been hundreds of years since his kind had properly hunted humans. 

Making his way up to the roof of the building he steps to the ledge and inhales the night air deeply. Hunching his back he calls upon his wings releasing them form the seal hiding them from the world. Keigos wings tear fiercely through his shirt flapping a few time before he extending them to their full span. His wings splayed out he quivers at sensing the night breeze through his feathers.

"Now then, time for a hunt shall we." he says to no one, and takes off into the night.

" he says to no one, and takes off into the night