Chapter 4

Dylan's POV

I was the first to wake up, when I realized that we had to go back today. I didn't want to go back. Not just because of the amazing view, but because I had more questions. No one goes to visit her, she says she has friends. If she did, she wouldn't be alone. She can't be lying, it is strictly forbidden. It was erased with the rest of the Past World; besides, why would she?

I don't know what happened to her, but there must be a reason. It was probably heart shattering for her. I heard how some people had a glass heart, while others had a heart made of Titanium. She probably has a glass heart, so delicate.

You can't harm it in any way possible, until it finally breaks. Well, if I found her...I found her for a reason. That's when I decided, that I, would change her mind about people. It would take time of course, God knows how long. I won't stop, until I befriended her.

Nobody wants to be alone, not even if they completely deny it. Everyone should have a friend, because I remember my grandpa saying how in the Past World, if you were going through times of distress, your friends would always be there by your side to fight with you.

The greatest friend of all, is Jehovah. Because he was always there, and he fought your battles for you. Not to mention, we were created with the NEED to have friends. She was in desperate need of one. I realized this now, I just hope she realizes this. Everyone else woke up after I set myself the goal to become her friend. We took our time helping each other out, picking up camp. We made sure the fire was out completely, and started walking back home.

Now I had to think of what I was going to say to Aisling the next time I came back. We went our separate ways when we reached the valley. We all had a fantastic time, and planned to do it again. I strolled up to my house, still deep in thought about what I would explain to Aisling for not showing up.

I entered the living room, and my mom stepped out of the kitchen. "Dylan! You're back!" She came and hugged me. Don't get me wrong, I like hugs. It makes me trust people a lot more. But with this hug, I was being drained.

"Mom...can't breathe." I gasped. She suddenly let go of me, "Oh, I am so sorry." She apologized. "That's okay." I told her when I regained my voice. "Your grandpa and Emma have been waiting for you." She mentioned. "Where are they?" I asked. "Outside in the backyard." She answered before she left.

"Okay, I'm going to put my bags in my room." I replied. "I'll be in the kitchen." She answered. I checked the time, it was somewhere around 5 pm. I headed into my room, and threw my bags on my bed. I ran downstairs and out the backdoor.

I found grandpa telling Emma something about a rose bush we had. "Grandpa, why are roses so pretty?" She asked. "Because, my dear Emma, Jehovah wants for us to enjoy life. This...is one of the ways." He responded while he pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Hey guys!" I yelled while walking towards them. "Dylan!" Emma ran up to me, and squeezed my waist. I hugged her back, she could be annoying, but there is nothing I wouldn't do for her. "How did it go?" My grandpa inquired.

"It was brilliant! Oh, you guys should have been there." I responded. "What did you guys do while I was gone?" I asked. "Oh, you know, caught up with old friends." Grandpa answered. We were going to continue our conversation when my mom called us over. Reluctantly, we came inside to get ready for dinner.

Dad was coming home soon, he had to go fix the Patel's water pipes. "Do you want lemonade?" My mom asked me as she served everyone else a glass. "Yes please." I stated. "She gave me a tall glass filled with thirst quenching lemonade. It was sweet and sour at the same time, just the way I liked it.

"Who made it?" I asked, still savoring the flavor in my mouth. "I did." Grandpa stated, as he took a drink. "It tastes terrific." I complimented him. He just smiled in return. Mom and Grandpa started talking about dinner, and Emma had a coloring book. This gave me time to think a little more about Aisling. How am I going to convince her? Most importantly, how am I ever going to visit her on a daily schedule?

Aisling's POV

I KNEW IT!! He wasn't coming back. At first I thought it was his problem, when I realized that the only reason he wouldn't come back, was me. I felt as though someone had shot an arrow through my heart, it was because of me. Why does this happen to me?

I want to make friends, I really do. I have a few, I only see them when I go visit their congregations. I make sure they don't know where I live. I realized something that has haunted me before. I just didn't give it much meaning, until now.

I like drinking coffee alone, and reading alone. I like walking alone, and sitting alone. I like eating alone, and listening to music alone. But, when I think of a mother with her child, a friend laughing with their best friend, or a girl with her lover...I realize that even though I like being alone...I don't fancy being alone.

I went into my room, and looked at myself in the oval full length mirror. I was wearing faded grey sweatpants, and a baggy black shirt. My hair was in a messy bun. I kept looking at myself, in disbelief and disgust. "What's wrong with me?" I pondered. I didn't notice the crystal like tear rip across my face.

I turned away and slammed my fist into the wall, and started to cry even more. My heart ached for being the way I was, I pressed my head on the wall, and tightened my fist. I pressed myself closer, and slid down against the smooth wall.

One arm was still on the wall, hand clenched into a fist. My other fist was on top of my heart. I just wanted to cut my heart out. What was it of use? I still sniffled as I thought of how much of an idiot I am. I curled myself up resting my head on my knees. I looked up, to take a deep breath.

Between my shaking shoulders, and quaking sobs, I managed to whisper, "...Jehovah.....help." My throat was dry, and my voice strained as I murmured them. The wind took them from my lips, and left me. For the first time, in 1002 years, I felt truly...alone.