Chapter Five

“Look who’s here, Lern Jerky,” Normani teased with a wink, imitating a comedic looking sultry smile while nudging Lauren and pointing toward the door.

Lauren rolled her eyes, her face blank and void of emotions, at least toward what Normani was saying, and instead, she turned to wave at Dinah, who had just walked through the door with Camila trailing behind her.

And yeah, Camila looked fucking delicious in his tight pants and dark clothing- Lauren always did have a thing for the ‘sexygirl’ look- but Normani's incessant teasing was getting on her nerves, especially because she mercilessly joked about Camila all the goddamn time.

One would think Normani had a crush- had she not had Ally- with all the “Oh, look at her cheekbones” and “her eyes, Laur, her eyes” and “did you see how good she looked at practice today, and I’m not just talking about her ball control…I wonder if she can control…other balls like that.” Which made me glare at her, "I don't have balls." To only have her reply "Exactly!"

But then, Normani would take it further with all the “Laur, what about Camila?” and “you  need a Ally, Jergi, but like…your own Ally” and “I think Camila likes you.”

The problem wasn’t Camila herself, but rather that Lauren just really wasn’t looking.

Obviously Lauren thought Camila was attractive- she’d be insane if she didn’t- and she knew that Camila would probably be willing to hang out more or even hook up, but Lauren saw in Camila’s eyes what she saw in a lot of other’s peoples eyes: hope. Hope that they’d be the one to change the infamous Lauren Jauregui and get her to fall in love with them.

It just wasn’t going to happen any time soon.

She had the soccer team to think about and school and her future career and well, soccer.

Basically, what it all boiled down to was that she didn’t have the time or energy to deal with a relationship and she really didn’t want a relationship to get in the way of her future.

She was going somewhere.

She was going somewhere and nothing, not even fucking true love, was going to get in the way of that.

So, she ignored Normani's teasing- and Camila’s heart eyes- and smiled broadly at Dinah and Camila.

“Hey guys, how’s it going?” Lauren asked, pulling Dinah into a hug before doing the same with Camila, who smelled as good as she looked (what kind of perfume was that?).

It was just her, Normani, Ally, Dinah, and Camila for the night- Normani, Ally, and Dinah had all agreed they needed a relaxing night with the lads- and while it was usually only Ally, Normani, Lauren, and Dinah, none of them cared that Camila was joining them, instead, welcoming the newcomer with open arms.

This was slightly unusual for them as they had all grown up together and Camila was also in a grade below all of them except Dinah, but oddly enough, Camila fit in perfectly with the group and even added excitement with her ‘newness’ as they had all grown used to each other by now.

“Where’s the vodka?” Dinah asked after everyone settled down from their arrival, and the tall girl began rummaging around the fridge in search of a beer or something alcoholic.

Lauren could tell Normani was about to tease Dinah for ‘being an alcoholic’ like she usually did and the wavy-haired girl wanted to stop the argument about Dinah's poly roots, so she cut in, pointing Dinah in the correct direction, “Bottom shelf, DJ. Can you grab me one as well, please?”

Normani let out an indignant squawk- either at Lauren’s interruption to her banter or because Lauren was actually drinking- and turned to glare at Lauren.