Part 4: Paper Rings

Taylor's POV
Listen to Paper Rings whilst/before/after reading this

The wedding is getting so close now! It is all starting to feel so real... I am marrying the love of my life in a matter of weeks and I've never been happier. It wasn't always like this for Joe and I. Unlike what the paparazzi like to report, it has to be said that we've had a somewhat bumpy ride. I even nearly broke up with him once but I'm so glad he fought for us, and even though at the time I didn't think it then, I'm so so grateful for him. I used to think I didn't deserve someone like him, someone so loving and someone so caring. But now I realise neither of us could live without each other and neither of us would have had it any other way. In some ways, that argument made us. We realised we had passed the honeymoon period we'd been living in for far too long, and that this was real life. I think without it, we'd have encountered much bigger problems later on because we would have spent too long in fairy land, not realising what was happening around us. The problems we sorted out then would never have gone away , just become more prominent and possibly destroyed our relationship. Currently, we are in a much better place. He is my world, me everything, my Joe.

Today, I'm going for my last fitting for my dress and I'm showing all of my bridal party the dress for the first time. Some would say it's unconventional that no one has seen it yet and that I've been to all of these appointments just with my mother before but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I think it was much more the magical experience I wanted with just my mum than it would've been with loads of other people. It made it 10 times more special that it was more private, but now I feel it's the time to share it my close friends and some other family.

I've invited my mum, of course, Selena, Gigi, Abigail, Camilla and Austin, my brother which again may be considered unconventional but I really want him there, the way I always dreamed he would be.

My mother and I are currently waiting in the lobby area for them as we got there a bit early to make sure everything was going ok, which luckily it was. Once they had all arrived I went to go get changed into the dress and I fell in love with it all over again. It's simple but elegant, I think anyway. The only 'over the top' part is the length of the train. It's long, and I mean long but that's what I wanted. It's got just enough lace to be considered classy but not too much that it would look sort of old fashioned. It's a lovely ivory-white colour that my mum loves.

The dress is finally on... no one tells you how difficult they are to get on! Like I need a whole team of women to get mine on, but with a bit of pulling and lots of breathing in the dress is finally on, thank God. I walk out and everyone gasps and much to my surprise my brother tears up.

"My big sister, getting married, I can't believe it! Where has time gone?" He says. I giggle at his comment but nod in agreement. It seems like only yesterday we were playing in the lounge or sitting and chatting at dinner together. Soon I'll have my own little ones doing that, can you believe it? I sure can't.

Selena, Gigi, Camilla and Abigail, are all staring at me, mesmerised I think, before Selena says, "aw Taylor, it's beautiful, absolutely beautiful and it's so you. I don't think there's a dress that would be better suited to you, Joe's gonna love it. I feel so honoured to be the maid of honour of such a stunning bride." That's why she's my maid of honour, you'd never find her putting down another woman, only lifting them up, and I love her for that!

Gigi, Camilla and Abigail all make similar comments and my mother stands next to me and I can see the pride in her eyes. It makes me so happy that she's proud of me. It's all I've ever wanted, to make her proud. The lady then brings over a veil and it really brings the look together and everyone has a tear in their eye, me included. I still have a sense of disbelief. How have I found a man that can love me like Joe does? That question I think, will forever remain unanswered. I must have a guardian angel looking over me, who gave me the blessing of a lifetime with Joe, a blessing I will never be able to thank them enough for.

I'm now back home with Joe and he has decided to make dinner for me tonight, we'll see how this goes! He's not a bad cook, but I think we would both agree that I'm better in the kitchen. I wouldn't usually let him do this, but tonight I've decided to let him try. So far he seems to be doing ok, I mean he's making spaghetti bolognese, it can't be that difficult but with Joe, anything is possible, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Much to my surprise, dinner is quiet pleasant. I mean the meat is slightly overcooked and dry, but I don't point that out to him. He's so proud of himself, I don't want to burst his bubble, so to speak. It's really cute how proud he is, it makes me happy to be his fiancée for so many reasons. It's mostly because, it is in these moments that I get to see the real Joe Alwyn. The Joe Alwyn I'm marrying, not the Joe Alwyn the press or the public see, the Joe Alwyn I love. I'm not marrying him for the fame or money, I'm marrying him for moments like these. I want a lifetime of these moments. Everything that comes with engagement and marriage are just added bonuses that I could live without. In fact, I'd marry him with paper rings if I had to.

Hope you liked this chapter! Sorry it took a bit longer to upload, I've just been on holiday. We've surpassed 150 views and I honestly can't thank you enough. The story is such a joy to write, and I hope you are enjoying reading it just as much. I'll hopefully update soon!