Chapter 4 (Poppy's Side)

Branch slammed the door shut behind him before he could hear him yelling more.

Poppy looked at him in concern, yeah, she's not afraid looking at him anymore somehow. "A-Are you sure you can do that to your dad..? Even when he's the-"

"Its fine, alright?" Branch cut Poppy off and let go off her hand.
"Ill.. Be fine" he held his own shoulder and looked away.

Silence had come between them for a couple seconds.

Then Poppy had an idea.

"Hey, I think I know how to cheer you up" Poppy grabbed Branch's hand and took off.
She heard him slightly yelped, "Woah woah where are you taking me?!"

"You'll see!" Poppy yelled excitedly. Branch just accepted it and let her do what she'll do.

"Oh wait! But first," Poppy stopped and turned to Branch.
"W-What is it?" He asked. And the question is already answered when Poppy pulled out a blindfold.

"Oh, no. Like hell im making you put that filthy thing on my face!" Branch growled.

"Come onnn! Im sure your gonna love it! Even though the place is scary but it doesnt matter" Poppy muttered the last part.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! Now just put this on" Poppy raised the blindfold towards to Branch's eyes.

"Ughhh, this better be an interesting suprise or ill shove this stupid blindfold in your mouth" Branch let Poppy put the blindfold around his eyes.

"Dont worryyy, this is gonna be great! Now lets go" Poppy grabbed Branch's hand and continued rushing off.

This may not be Poppy's Branch, but she didnt notice the difference except their style.

Few minutes later

Branch still doesnt know where they're going, but he does know that Poppy isnt taking them far away from the village since he feel they kept going in different directions.

"How far is this?" Branch sighed impatiently.
"Hold onnn, I dont know this place yet it might take a couple more minutes"

Branch groaned in reply, "Why dont you just tell me so I could take us there?"

Poppy didnt reply, just kept rushing off with Branch's hand.

Another Couple Minutes later

Branch noticed they stopped rushing off and just stood still. "What, are we here now?" he asked.

"Yeah, you can take off that blindfold now" Poppy let go off his hand.

"Alright so whats this thing you've been-" Branch removed his blindfold and stopped,
Finding out that they're at the highest part of the whole kingdom, and seeing the whole view of it.
Its beautiful, despite the black and red colors of the place, its still really cool for Poppy.

Branch went closer towards the edge next to Poppy, and laid his hands at the fences, actually enjoying the view.

"So, do you like it?" she asked, looking at him.
Branch chuckled. "Not bad for giving a good impression"

"Really?" Poppy asked again in an excited tone. Branch laughed and nodded in reply.
"Thanks"

Poppy just realized something, she's actually falling in love with this Branch.
What if her Branch finds out? What if he will hate her for that?

These thoughts are slowly driving Poppy crazy. She slowly started sweating a little.

And of course, Branch noticed it.

"Hey, you alright?" he asked, making Poppy break the thoughts out of her head and looked at Branch.

"Y-Yeah! I-Im good.." Poppy replied with a nervous laugh.

Branch forrowed his eyebrows, and his whole body faced Poppy, making her gulp in fear.
"Hey, I know a lie when I hear one" He quietly growled.

Poppy sighed in defeat, "Fine.. Im just worried that my actual boyfriend from my universe will find out about.. Our current situation" She looked down, frowning.

Branch sighed and looked back at the view of the village.
"Yeah, relationships can be hard" He looked up at the sky.

"I-" Branch immediately stopped what he was about to say.
Poppy looked at him, raising a brow. "What?"

Branch sighed and looked away at her, "Nothing, its personal"
"Oh, okay." Poppy frowned and looked down,

This Branch also have something too emotional to understand huh..?

End of Chapter 4: Poppy's Side