Chapter 44- "I Love You"

Sorry for any mistakes.

I took a deep breath and ran my hand threw my hair she was bit my eyes flicked from her arm to her lifeless pale face I was suppose to protect her.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled taking her hand and kissing it.

"The good thing is she doesn't have the fever and her wound is all clean we could try and clear up this infection." Hershel said trying to make something good out of the bad.

"What's it mean if she ain't got a fever?"

"I mean not everybody can be effected by a disease some lucky people can be immune and this one is carried by a bite or air born she could be immune to being bitten it's a slim chance but as I said she isn't showing any signs of being infected by the bite."

"So now we just wait?"

"I'll give her the medication she needs and then yes we just wait."

I watched Hershel work his magic injecting all sorts into her system and sat beside her for most of the day and most of the night I couldn't sleep I didn't want to and I knew Carol was watching me she probably thinks I'm going crazy.

"Always like getting yourself hurt Huh?" I whispered holding her hand.

"Taste for danger." Carol smiled joining me.

"You think she's gonna be okay?"

"As Hershel said she has no symptoms I think it's just the infection from all her wounds."

"She might annoy me but I dunno what I'd do without her."

"She wouldn't give up even if she did she would come back and haunt you."

"Shut up." I smirked pushing her a little.

"I miss her." Carol sighed,

"Im glad your back, she'd be over the moon if she was awake that is."

Carol smirked, "Im just glad she found me god knows what would of happened if she hadnt."

"Thank you I mean it." I said giving a small smile.

A couple days passed and Mia was still unconscious and I was starting to feel that little hole she filled empty again she looked worse almost white making her washed out red hair look brighter than ever I didn't leave her side and neither did Carol really it was probably selfish of us but I wasn't breaking my promise.

"You should really sleep." Carol whispered,

I scratched my head, "I can't."

"Why not? Your doing yourself no favours."

"I ain't used to sleeping on my own anymore." I mumbled not wanting to admit not having Mia cuddle me back was the reason I couldn't sleep.

I watched her sit up a little her eyes soft showing sympathy. "Staying up all night worrying your just going to make yourself sick."

"Your like my mother." I teased, it wasn't true though my mom never cared half as much as this group does.

She rolled her eyes and laid back down, I rested my head back against the railing before laying down myself I turned a little and watched Mia's breathing which was kind of soothing but it didn't help me sleep.

"You better wake up you hear me?" I whispered, "This time I can't save you you gotta do this yourself."

I sighed hiding my face behind my hands I was getting more irritated that I couldn't do anything that it was all just a waiting game I mean what if she's immune to the bite and this infection kills her anyway she'll still turn and its all something out of my hands.