-Ch 4: welcome to the diner, diner-

Stanford, Dipper, and Mabel were sitting downtown. Ford was planning on leaving soon as he was just the ride. Dipper was gathering his flashcards of talking points, and Mabel was vandalizing the bottom of the northwest statue in the form of stickers, googly eyes, and a bucket load of glitter glue.  

"Hey, Mabel?" Dipper asks, looking up from his notes. "Do you think you can refrain from mentioning the weird parts of town while we are doing this?"

"Pshh, why? This town is cool, and I want to tell them about all the cool adventures we go on! Besides, that little one looks like fun!" Mabel says, excited as ever. 

"The chances of them believing us is slim. I don't want him to think that I'm just advertising for the Mystery Shack." Mabel glances at him but then goes back to the statue and says, "Oh alright, fine. I'll only tell the little kid because my Mabel patented fun radar is tingling." A smile creeps onto her face, "Wouldn't want to mess up your chances with your new boyfriend" This causes Dipper's face to redden.

"H-He's not my boyfriend!!!" he shouts defensively, just quiet enough so the passersby don't hear, but loud enough that Ford over by the car cocks an eyebrow. "He's just around my age, and I want to make a good impression!" He continues, lowering his voice. "B-Besides I'm not into g-guys," he mumbles, flustered. Mable gives a little laugh as she goes back to her vandalism, "I'm just teasing, bro-bro." Dipper gives a small chuckle as he goes back to his notes, deep in thought.

Across town, Wirt sits in the car silently as the other three chatter back and forth about Gravity Falls. The nervousness and anticipation knotting up in his stomach, making him feel ill. His heart skips a beat as they slow down, Dipper now in his view. He can't figure out why, but even just the sight of this boy gets his heart racing. He hops out of the car and gives a meek wave, not knowing how to greet people in this situation. Dipper waves back.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ time skip brought to you by the fact that idk how to write a tour ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The sun was just beginning to lower over the trees as everyone walked back to the car. The tour had gone really well, and Wirt felt a lot more comfortable than when he started. Dipper was really enjoying himself. Being around Wirt made him smile the entire time they were out. While he doesn't quite know why Wirt makes him feel this way, he does knows he wants to spend more time with him. Just as Wirt was about to get into the car, Dipper makes a decision and calls out to his family.

"Hey, wait!" he stated, "It's getting late and we are close to Greasy's Diner. Why don't we all just eat here?" Wirt's parents considered the offer and agreed so they set off into the diner. As soon as Wirt passes through the door, he is greeted with a comfortable and warm atmosphere. the yellow lights illuminating off the dark wood interior was quite inviting. Also, the smell of freshly cooked pancakes and bacon was thick in the air, making his stomach ache with hunger. There was a long, six-person booth by the window, his parents and Greg sat on one end which could only mean-- slight blush creeps onto Wirt's cheeks when he realizes he'll have to sit next to Dipper. 

As wirt sits in the seat closest to the window and Dipper right next to him, a woman with light blue hair and one eye closed walks up to them and hands out some menus. She pulls out a notebook and a pen and asks everyone what drinks they would like. After everyone gave their orders, Wirt's parents started up the chatter again.

"So do you two go to the high school here?" They asked. Dipper replied, "I'm afraid we are just here for the summer. We actually live in California." Wirts heart dropped. His parents were now asking about California, but Wirt drowned it out, feeling down. He had gotten his hopes up about having a new friend to make this school year less of a living hell, but he won't even be here long. Wirt was so distracted, he didn't even notice it was time to order until Dipper tapped on his shoulder. His face grew hot as he realized he hasn't even looked at the menu. Wirt starts flipping through it turning into a flustered mess until Dipper rested his hand on Wirt's shoulder, causing him to freeze up. "He'll just take some pancakes." He tells the waitress and turns to face Wirt "Is that ok with you?" All Wirt can do is nod and look down. His heart is racing from the embarrassment and that same feeling from earlier he couldn't name.

"Do you guys have any pets?" Mabel asked. With this, Greg immediately got excited and started going on and on about his pet frog. Within seconds, the two were talking back and forth with such intensity, nobody else could even add to the conversation. Dipper chuckles to himself "Classic Mable," and his gaze shifts to Wirt, who is staring out the window. Dipper studied his features. Wirt had a long mature face with a narrow nose and intelligent eyes...

"Yay! Pancakes!!!" Greg and Mabel yelled in unison, snapping Dipper back into reality. How long had he been looking at Wirt? Dipper blushes a little thinking about it. For the next twenty minutes, nobody talks much as they are too busy eating. The night ends with everyone outside. Wirt and Dipper start today goodbye as Ford begins to pull up.

"Tonight was fun" Dipper began, attempting to break the silence. "Yeah we should uh, hang out some other time," Wirt replied back. "How about next Tuesday?" Dipper asked. Wirt nodded in response.

"It's a date then," he laughed trying to hide his nervousness.

"Yeah"