Aquarius - Aquarians - All About Your Sign

Aquarius is an astrological sign associated with the constellation Aquarius. Under the tropical zodiac, Aquarius is occupied by the Sun from January 20 to February 18, and under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently from February 13 to March 14.

In some cosmologies, Aquarius is associated with the classical element Air, and thus called an Air Sign (with Libra and Gemini). It is also one of the four Fixed signs (along with Leo, Scorpio, and Taurus). Its polar opposite is Leo. It is the domicile of Saturn (since its discovery Uranus has been considered Aquarius' ruling or co-ruling planet by many modern astrologers). Each astrological sign is assigned a part of the body, viewed as the seat of its power. Aquarius rules the circulatory system as well as the ankles. The symbol for Aquarius is the water bearer.

Aquarius is the eleventh sign of the Zodiac and associated with future ideas and the unusual. Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a creative, challenging, entertaining, progressive, stimulating, and independent character, but one which is also prone to rebelliousness, coldness, erraticism, cowardice, and impracticality. In terms of anatomy, Aquarius is said to rule the legs from knees to ankles and the circulation of blood. In terms of geography Aquarius is linked with Greece, Sweden, Canada, Ethiopia and Poland.

Physically, individuals born under the sign of Aquarius supposedly tend to have a vague expression, finely chiseled features and a slender figure. The males are often said to tend to be effeminate in appearance and the females somewhat broad-shouldered and masculine.

Aquarius is traditionally thought be ruled by the planet Saturn, but in more recent years many astrologers have labeled Uranus as the ruler or co-ruler of Aquarius, attributing the erraticism associated with the Sign to the planet's influence.

In mythology Aquarius is often associated with the mythological figure of Odysseus, King of Ithaca, from the Greek myth of the Trojan War. Aquarius is also associated with the Greco-Roman god Uranus/Caelus and sometimes the god Cronus/Saturn.