Chapter 60

We entered the school to find the majority of the school in the auditorium watching the talent show. "You see him?" I asked the others. "No." Hope said as we looked around. "He's alright." Dad said pointing to a blood splatter on the floor. "Okay. Josie. Lizzie. I need you two to go get ready for the talent show. Kaleb, MG, and Raf you guys also." Dad said. "What about Stiles?" I asked. "You let me worry about Stiles, Jo." He said. I sighed before going backstage to get ready for the show. "Okay. Forget about Boy Wonder right now. We have a talent show to win." Lizzie said handing me a dress. "Now get dressed and be ready." Liz added walking away. I sighed looking into the mirror of the vanity.

3   5      M    I   N   U   T   E   S      L   A   T   E   R

The witches had finished our performance and the crowd stood to their feet applauding and cheering loudly. It would've been better to see Stiles in the audience cheering also. But I knew that was never going to happen. Not anymore. We walked off stage and I stood next to Hope, Dad, and Lizzie. "Anything?" I asked them. Hope shook her head with teary eyes. He's a ghost." She said with a sniffle. I wiped a tear from eyes before the lights went out. "Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to the chimera faction." An announcer voiced before the chord of a piano was heard on stage. I spun around in time to see a spotlight turn on, aiming directly at Stiles. Who was sitting at a black piano in a white suit and black dress shirt and shoes. His long hair fell into his face partly covering his right eye. A mic was positioned near his face.

🎵I'm in my bed🎵
🎵And you're not here🎵
🎵And there's no one to blame but the drink and my wandering hands🎵
🎵Forget what I said🎵
🎵It's not what I meant🎵
🎵And I can't take it back🎵
🎵I can't unpack the baggage you left🎵

🎵What am I now?🎵
🎵What am I now?🎵
🎵What if I'm someone I don't want around?🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling🎵

🎵What if I'm down?🎵
🎵What if I'm out?🎵
🎵What if I'm someone you won't talk about?🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling🎵

🎵You said you cared🎵
🎵And you missed me, too🎵
🎵And I'm well aware I write too many songs about you🎵
🎵And the coffee's out🎵
🎵At the Beachwood Café🎵
🎵And it kills me 'cause I know we've run out of things we can say🎵

🎵What am I now?🎵
🎵What am I now?🎵
🎵What if I'm someone I don't want around?🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling🎵

🎵What if I'm down?🎵
🎵What if I'm out?🎵
🎵What if I'm someone you won't talk about?🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling🎵

🎵And I get the feelin' that you'll never need me again🎵

🎵What am I now?🎵
🎵What am I now?🎵
🎵What if you're someone I just want around?🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling🎵

🎵What if I'm down?🎵
🎵What if I'm out?🎵
🎵What if I'm someone you won't talk about?🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling again🎵
🎵I'm falling🎵

He finished the last few notes before looking up from the piano and looking directly at me. The audience cheered and applauded a lot more than they did for anyone else.. He got to his feet gave a bowed as he waved at the audience before walking backstage. I ran backstage to find that he had disappeared. I looked around for him but couldn't find him. I turned around to leave only to bump into someone. I looked up to see Stiles glaring down at me with his left hand in his pant pocket. "Looking for someone?" He snarled.