Chapter 4

Luther placed (y/n) gently on the hospital bed that was in the basement. It was their dad's little doctor's office in case any of the children got sick.

"You may go now." Reginald stated whilst he put on his lab coat.

"But I can help you out." Luther said desperately.

"Number 1! Don't disobey my orders!" Reginald glared at Luther.

"R-right okay." Luther stuttered and walked out of the room. Giving (y/n) one last look he sighed and left to go back to his siblings.

As soon as he entered the library he was bombarded with questions.

"Is she going to be okay?!"

"How is she?!"

"What happened?"

The last one was from Vanya. Since she was ordinary she wasn't allowed to go on the missions, hence she was very confused now.

Suddenly, the room got silent.

"I'm sure it is nothing and (y/n) will be fine." Luther said although he had a bad feeling about this.

"(Y/n) was stabbed with a needle and passed out after it." Klaus finally explained to Vanya.

Vanya took a sharp breath. She can't loose another friend.

"Dad got it under control." Luther said firmly and then walked out of the room. He was very stressed because the mission was suppose to be a success but it turned out to be a failure. He was the leader of the group and was meant to protect everyone. Firstly he failed Five and now (y/n).

The next day all the siblings were sitting by the table eating breakfast. No sign of (y/n) anywhere.

They were all anxious to know any news about their sister but knew their father well enough to know he will shush them and not give any answers.

Just as they finished their food Reginald spoke.

"I would like to congratulate you all on successfully capturing the terrorist." Reginald begun freezing all his children in surprise. "On the other hand it was quite unfortunate what happened to number 8." They all looked at their dad wide eyed, assuming the worst.

"Now don't look at me like that. Number 8 is.... well... alive." Reginald finally said. This caused everyone to sigh in relief.

"So why isn't she here?" Diego asked.

"Number 8 hasn't woken up yet and I'm not quite sure why." Reginald cleared his throat and stood from his seat. "Now everyone go and prepare for your training and I will join you shortly." After saying that he walked out of the room and back to his doctor's office.

Slowly, everyone stood up and went to change into their training kit. They resumed their training and soon later Reginald joined them.

-

It's been about 5 days and (y/n) still hasn't woken up. After Reginald was done with all the tests he could think of, he had (y/n) placed back to her room.

According to Reginald whatever substance was in that needle, caused (y/n)'s brain to shut off. If it was anyone else they would've died but because (y/n)'s power requires her brain to be a lot stronger than others so she was able to survive. Reginald thought he created an antidote after looking at the substance but it didn't work at all and (y/n) was still in a coma.

Until he can figure out how to wake her up, he will have to keep monitoring her in case her condition changes. For better or worse.

As soon as (y/n) was moved to her room she was allowed visitors.

Vanya and Luther were the first to visit her.

They walked into her room and almost gasped at the sight of her. Even though she looked like she was only sleeping, she had couple tubes connected to her body. There was a feeding tube in her nose and some other tubes in her arms. She also had some wires attached to her head monitoring her brain activity.

Vanya sat at the edge of the bed softly holding her hand. Luther took the chair from (y/n)'s desk and sat down next to the bed.

"This is all my fault." He finally admitted so quietly Vanya almost didn't hear him. But she did and she looked at him in pity.

"No it isn't. There was nothing you could have done." She finally stated.

Luther looked at her with anger but he wasn't angry at Vanya but at himself.

"Yes it is!" He shouted. "I should've thought of a better plan! Or watch out for them more! I should've done so much more and this would've been avoided!"

Vanya listened to her brother's grief before standing up and hugging him.

Luther momentarily froze before hugging his sister back.

"It's NOT your fault. You all did your best." Vanya said softly before pulling away and sitting back on the bed.

They sat in silence until they were called down for dinner.

The dinner was awkward and silent. No one made eye contact with one another and just focused on their meal.

After dinner Allison, Diego, Klaus and Ben went to pay (y/n) a quick visit. After talking to (y/n) about their day, even though they weren't sure if she heard them, they left to rest in their rooms.

They visited (y/n) every day in hopes that maybe their talking about their day somewhat helps their sister.

Vanya was visiting (y/n) the most, of course. Whenever she could she would chat to her about her day or what bothered her that day. Mostly, she would play violin as that was the only time her brain showed any type of activity. Vanya showed it to Reginald but he just dismissed it saying it must be the loud noise that is disturbing the brain. However, he didn't forbid her from playing anymore to her so she continued in hopes that her father was wrong and that she was helping in her own way.

After months and months of nothing the siblings slowly started to loose hope that their sister is never going to wake up. They were just getting used to the idea of loosing a brother and now they need to get used to loosing a sister too.

Months turned into years with no change. Nothing changed about (y/n) situation or, in fact, her appearance. For some unknown reason to Reginald, (y/n) stopped growing. It's like she was stuck in time and stayed as a 13 year old.

This occurrence puzzled Reginald. It seemed that although her brain was alive, it just stopped working. As if it was stuck in trance and put on pause, unable to move again.

Reginald tried to use electroshock to see if that would spark activity in the brain but with no use. He then proceed to used electro-waves in hopes that would do something but with no luck either. Whatever it was, it was blocking her brain from waking up. Reginald couldn't figure out what it was and it was driving him mad.

That's when an idea struck to him but them he quickly dismissed it as it was way too dangerous for number 8 as well as everyone around her. He was determined to figure out a different way to wake number 8 up.