zero

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏. Perhaps it was because Faye hadn't had to dedicate time to such a tedious task in over a century, but the way it happened had always fascinated her.

When humans dreamed, what pictures did they see on the backs of their eyelids? Did most see a daring hero come to save them from a burning tower? A figure in the night, breath on the back of their neck? Did they dream of nothing? Endless nothing shrouded in darkness not to be remembered by morning.

All Faye saw when she closed her eyes was nothingness, that was her only dream. She couldn't even remember the days where colors danced while she slept. Faye yearned for those days, longed for the simpler times.

As thin as that strand of normality was, there was a comfort in having it, a comfort that had since been released. There was nothing left. Now, she need not even pull air into her lungs to live, she wasn't even alive. Not truly.

Yet, when her chilled fingers danced across that golden skin, smooth and soft, Faye felt like fresh air had been pulled into her lungs. The colors of the world were vibrant and born anew. Her heart beat for both of them and Faye would have torn the Earth apart for her.

This girl was everything.