0 | quit

Wearing a loose shirt with denim jeans and his usual thick glasses, an eighteen year old Winston Bardot stood by the roadside on the dark and chilly night, staring straight ahead.

Looking at him, no one could tell what that teenager was actually up to.

"We're sorry." 

Recalling the words he had heard just moments ago, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and jumped on the busy road. He felt a strong push and fell on the ground with a thud.

Lying there like that, he waited for some car to speed over him and pain to take over his body.

He waited but nothing happened. Finally opening his eyes, he saw someone staring back at him.

"Are you crazy?" The other person said as if they've just witnessed the most stupid thing in the world. "What if I hadn't pushed you on the side at that instant, when you were about to jump. You would've died."

He fiercely gazed at the person whose face he couldn't clearly see due to the lack of his glasses which he would've dropped somewhere during the fall.

But through the voice he could feel that it might be a teenage girl, probably of his age.

"Why would you do that? Couldn't you have just minded your own business?" He snapped.

"Dude if I had minded my own business, you would have not been alive and surely not snapping at me like that."

"So what? It's better to die than to live like this anyway."

The girl scoffed.

"Look, I don't know how you're living but one thing I know for sure is that it's never better to die," She replied shrugging.

"What do you even know?" He snapped again. "My parents are dead. My only family, my sister is lying unconscious in the hospital, not sure if she'll ever wake up. Who do you want me to live for?" He cried.

"For yourself." 

His eyes widened. Even though it was just a small word but the effect it had on Winston couldn't be explained.

"And what if your sister actually wakes up? No matter how less but there are still chances, right? What if she wakes up only to find you gone too. Do you actually want her to suffer the same things you're going through right now? Do you want her to just give up and take her own life?"

Winston looked down trying to comprehend her words.

"I don't know what you'll do after this. I could only talk to you. It's you who have to take the final decision. If you want to die even now then go ahead but before that don't forget to think about your sister first. What if she wakes up to the news of your death, how do you think she would feel? Just think about it once before reaching any conclusion. "

Saying that the girl turned around and started walking away. 

"Wait-," 

He called, frantically moving his hands on his sides to find his glasses. But before he could put them on, the person was already gone.

He couldn't even see the face of the person who had saved him.

While searching for his glasses, his hand found something else.

A small pendant with an initial laid next to his hand. It had probably fallen off when she tried to push him.

He picked it up and looked closely at it.

'A.'

Clutching it in his hands, he stood up staring in the direction that girl had just disappeared in.

I'll definitely find you someday to return this favor.

He promised himself before heading towards the hospital to meet his sister.

He definitely wouldn't give up.

Because as the girl said, he had to live.

He had to live for his sister.

And most importantly, for himself.

~

You know the drill. 

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow <3