Chapter 1 - The Wedding

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! Much thanks for all the love and support to my first story The Beauty of What Could Have Been. Your wonderful comments have fueled me to continue to write, albeit for leisure, and to somehow offer some entertainment to our dear readers during these challenging times.

This story picks up from Chapter 17 of The Beauty of What Could Have Been, and centers around our new heroine of sorts, Park Bon Hwa who got the wonderful shock of her life as an employee of The Shore Hotel Jeju Island, the site of binjin's wedding. Everything in the story, of course, is fiction.

I highly recommend reading (or re-reading) Chapter 17 before jumping into this story.

Please let me know what you thought, what you felt, and what you hoped for as you read through the material, and do vote if you think this chapter is deserving. Enjoy!!!

--------------------------------- 

She could not believe it. Sitting in the staff pantry of The Shore Hotel Jeju Island, she must have been staring at the empty wall for what felt like an eternity before her friend and colleague came over to try to have a chat. The shell shock was formidable, and it took a good few minutes for the shock to wear off after her friend left her, who had been totally ignored by her as she continued to stare at the wall. She couldn't share anything with her anyway since she was not part of the VIP team for that day. The non-disclosure agreement was in place.

When she finally managed to get back to her senses, she started reminiscing the events of the morning, and it hit her just how lucky she was. The salient evidences were irrefutable - that morning, she came face to face with a freshly showered Son Ye Jin and the dashing Hyun Bin in their bath robes when she delivered their breakfast in their suite. Shortly thereafter, she then delivered drinks to all the Cinderella sisters and the Davichi duo who were all busy in two adjacent suites getting their make-up and preparations done for the wedding. Finally, she literally bumped smack into Hyun Bin's rock-solid chest in the corridor, even getting a whiff of his aftershave. The stars have indeed aligned for her, figuratively and literally. All on Hyun Bin's and Son Ye Jin's wedding day!

The crackle from the two-way radio almost made her jump up. The same voice that had been giving her instructions all morning now asked her to head over to assist and late guests by the entrance of the wedding hall. She knew the wedding would start at 10:00 a.m., and it was 10 minutes past, so she had to move quickly. Finding the strength and focus to get back to work, she quickly stood up, straightened her blazer and walked out.

"I have to be on my toes for Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin" she thought, deep conviction in her eyes, brisk walking with determination and that singular purpose. Looking at her watch, she thought "Most of the guests and the bride and groom are probably already in the wedding hall, so while I hope I could get another chance to see Son Ye Jin, Hyun Bin and the other A-listers, even if I don't I'm happy.....the opportunities I got this morning were already mind-bogglingly unforgettable and the memories would last me a lifetime." She smiled to herself.

Exiting the rear doorways of the hotel that ledto the wedding hall, the bright, crisp Sunday morning sunshine engulfed her as the fresh sea breeze bombarded her. "What a perfect day for a wedding", she told herself.

 "What a perfect day for a wedding", she told herself