Chapter 2

For the first time in two months Adrien had pulled himself out of bed, showered and shaved, and was now on his way to see Nino. He felt slightly better after scrapping the unwanted hair off his face, yet he still didn't feel right. Perhaps he'll get a hair cut later, that might help a little but for now it was tied back in a low ponytail.

Adrien walked down the road nearest to the cafe where he had planned to meet Nino and Alya, he placed on his Ray Ban sunglasses to protect his eyes and also to protect his identity, one thing he did not want to do was talk to anyone. Although, since his return to Paris, on the few occasions he did step out the house no one seemed to talk about fencing to him, or his ex-modelling. The issue was, he wouldn't mind talking about. Instead it was full of crappy small talk about as interesting as watching paint dry. Taking a deep breath he removed his leather jacket from his thick muscular arms and slung it over one shoulder. Since when did Paris get this warm in the summer? He thought to himself, if only it was raining. That would have given him a reason to stay locked up in his apartment for another day.

His sudden motivation to leave the house had nothing to with Marinette's visit yesterday, nope, nothing at all. But on the subject of Marinette, since when did she get so feisty. She'd always been so quiet and stuttery around him, and that body of hers? Where had that been hiding all these years. She'd definitely grown up from that gangly girl she once was. He directed his thoughts else where only to end up back on yesterday.

For some reason he couldn't stop thinking about what she'd said to him. She came in and straight away busted his balls. Who throws food on someone whilst they're sleeping off the days six pack of Bud's? She waltzed into his apartment like a small whirlwind and caused him hell. She's the only one who'd had the guts to do it.

You know what Adrien, you used to be a nine point five but looking at you now I'd say you'd be lucky to be considered a seven.

He snorted to himself, yep she was something alright. Little Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng. The biggest pain in his ass since he came back home. Why couldn't she just have tried to baby him like the others had and then when he got cold, distant and angry, leave and go home. At least that way he wouldn't be still finding noodles in his bed sheets.

As Adrien reached the cafe, he peered in through the window only to see both Alya and Nino sitting looking all cosy up in the corner. Adrien looked at them wistfully but he knew his screwed up past wouldn't allow such an intimate relationship, hell he didn't want one either they only seemed to cause pain. He had been abandoned by his mother and raised by his dick of a father. His biggest form of commitment was the brand of beer he drank in a day to day basis.

During his time travelling the world and taking part in fencing tournaments he had formulated a nickname for himself. 'Two sabres'. He was often photographed with different women leaving his room each night never to return again. This included one compromising capture with an American superstar adding fuel to his nickname and placing it in concrete. That was one of the reasons he was no longer with Kagami Tsurugi, France's number two top fencer. They'd fallen together through her mother and his father's neglect, finding support in the other and pushing on with their sport. They travelled together for a little while until he decided why ruin her life when she wanted commitment and a family. He couldn't give her that. He'd never be able to give anyone that, it wasn't in his blood. He hadn't seen or heard from her since.

He moved away from the window and rested against the wall on the side of the building. Closing his eyes he took off his sunglasses and rubbed his palms over them.

"Oh my ... is that the famous Adrien Agreste?" Adrien stopped the rubbing and cringed inwardly at the voice. Lila Rossi. His fathers top model. He'd gone to school with Lila so he knew all her little tricks. He'd never forgotten the day she tried to get Marinette expelled following his fathers orders. Putting his sunglasses back on he looked up to someone who he didn't want to see.