Chapter 35: Christmas

We all woke up early in the morning. I heard the sound of the television in the living room. I groaned and turned to my side, trying to stay asleep. I felt the bed next to me sink and felt arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled. "What time is it?" He asked in a raspy voice.

I opened my eyes and stared at the clock. "Seven fifty-five" I said. Steve kisses my neck, making me giggle.

"We should get up." I said. 

"Give us five more minutes please" he whined.

"Just five more minutes."  I laughed.

I changed into more appropriate sleeping clothes and Steve and I headed out.

"Good morning guys" I said as we arrived to the living room, everybody greeted us and we sat down on the couch. I stared at the tree, and there were more gifts than what Meredith and I left last night.

"Well let's open gifts." I said happily.

This year I decided to get everyone a gift. Everyone has been so sweet and caring that I feel they deserve something special. I know gifts aren't everything, but who doesn't like a little extra?

Everyone enjoyed their gifts. I handed Steve his. Which was a small box. He opened it and there was a key inside. He stared confused at me, until he looked closer fo the key, and realized what it was. He stared at me in surprise, wondering if it was real or just a dream. I smiled. And grabbed his hand, walking towards the door. We went outside in the snow and headed fo the shed. I turned on the light and Steve's face sinked. He stared and me and placed his lips on mine, embracing me in a hug. He pulled away and stared at me.

"You're joking right?" He said.

I stared at him.

"I wouldn't joke Steve. It's real, it's yours." I smiled.

Ever since Steve and I found that motorcycle, I could see Steve dreamed of having one. However, that motorcycle was too old and beaten up to fix. So, I got him a new one. It was a red color. He stared at me.

"Doll, you really shouldn't have. There was no reason for you to get me one." He said.

I stared at him.

"Darling, you deserve it. I love you so much, and when I saw you face light up when you saw that motorcycle. I knew you needed one. Steve. I love. And you really deserve it." I said. He looked down.

"Crap, this is gonna make my gift to you look like shit compared to yours." He said.

"Steve! I don't care about what it is. I care that it came from you. That it came from the love we have. You can give me a flower picked from the field and you god well know I'd be so happy with that." He shrugged and looked at me. He pulled out two boxes, grabbed my hand and took us outside. We stood in the snow.

"You know I love you. So much. And right now we're young yet. But I swear one day I will marry you. Right now I don't have that much money but I got you something to prove to you that one day I will marry you." He opened the small box, revealing a small ring, with a small stone. I gasped as I saw the ring.

"Steve!" I yelled as I looked at him. I pulled him into a tight hug. I began crying.

"God dammit Steve. I love you so damn much. Only god knows how much I love you. You're literally the best thing that has happened to me and I don't know what I'd do without you." I said. He pulled away and wiped my tears. Placing the ring on my left ring finger.

"A promise ring. Because I promise that one day I'll get you the one you deserve and we'll get married." He said. I kissed him.

"I love you" I said.

He looked at me.

"I love you too."

We went back inside and headed to the living room. I was surprise by a hug from Sodapop.

"Thank you for the gift" he said.

"Well of course soda" I said as I hugged him back. Steve and I sat on the couch with a blanket on top. Darry came up to me with two cups of coffee, handing me one.

"Here you go." He said

"Thank you very much." I answerd as I grabbed the cup from his hand and began blowing in it.

Steve looked at me. "I have one last gift for you" he said.

"Steve-."

He opened a red velvet box. There was a a gold chain with a small gold heart.

"Steve!" I gasped as I looked at him. He smiled at me.

"You know you didn't have to-."

"But I wanted to Elena, I really did. You deserve this doll. This and so much more." He said. I smiled and kissed him. He grabbed the necklace and placed it around my neck. I held his hand, weaving our fingers together. I lifted our hands and placed a soft kiss on the top of him hand. We continued watching the television.

This year has been beyond amazing. It was filled with pain and sadness, but it's also been filled with blessings and memories.

But just like people always say.

Everything good,

must come to an end.