Open

A/N- schoooooool

(I had to run a mile yesterday haha. I got 12:58. Yes, it's slow. I know)

—————

Everything felt heavy to Katsuki. Like he was being held down by pile of stones. He could also hear fast beeping, but couldn't identify where it was from. It also sounded as if marbles were rolling across the ground, though less audible than the beeping. 

Where was he? What happened?

Then there were muffled voices. They were so mixed and warbled he thought he was underwater.

He didn't have the energy to open his eyes yet. He was already starting to swim in and out of consciousness, trying to remain awake ironically made him even more tired. But he still wanted to remain conscious.

So instead of opening his eyes, he used the little energy he had to try and make out of the several blended voices. Still no good. 

Being Katsuki, he got mad at not being able to move his body. Everything about it felt terrible. 

Then he started thinking, why was his body hard to move? Every memory he managed pulled from his brain look foggy, since he couldn't think clearly. He remembered something about being in the house though.

What made him black out like this? He started racking up the possibilities in his head.

Hunger? No, it couldn't be that. He does starve sometimes, but there always comes a time where he eats.

Smoking? Small chance. Maybe he really did drop the cigarette and burned down his house. Or maybe he got sick from smoking and passed out. Though he would've had many different symptoms passing out.

Suicide? No. 

He wouldn't make the same mistake as Deku. He promised himself he wouldn't. 

But the more that word came up, the more a familiar feeling that swirled inside of him grew.

Then, a landslide a memories hit him. 

He remembered.

He cut his throat.

So... he couldn't even kill himself properly. It was such a horrible failure he almost felt like laughing. 

What was past him even thinking? He couldn't remember all the details, so the answer he was looking for was out of reach. But still, what pushed him to do it?

Was it to be with Deku? In all honesty, that sounded nice. Very nice.

Was that why he tried to kill himself?

But he knew what Deku would say to that.

Deku was predictable like that, and Katsuki could already imagine his voice.

"Kacchan."

He could hear him.

"All your friends seem really nice. You should introduce me sometime. Looking at them is making me so happy."

Not his friends.

"Everybody is waiting for you. They're all sitting there, waiting for you to open your eyes. They want to be with you again."

Again? When was he ever with his 'friends?' The most he did was shout and fight them.

"And as much as I want to be with you too, I can't."

Why was he even having a conversation with Deku? He's dead, this one is just his imagination.

"But I'll wait for you. I'll wait for your time to come. For now, just wake up."