Origins

There once was a man with extraordinary power... he was like a god, able to bend, shift, create, and destroy anything he could. He was a threat to society.. constantly destroying buildings and cities with little to no remorse for the people that dwelled within them. He was said to be selfish. Cruel. Unstoppable.

Until one day, he saw a woman. Her dress was a beautiful orange and her hair was as pink as the sky at dawn. She was so delicate, so brilliant, so gentle... whenever she smiled, it was like firecrackers went off in his chest. This was a feeling he had never known before, and it swelled within him whenever he saw her joyful face.

At first, he tried to ignore it. 'Just destroy her,' he said to himself, 'she's only another person.' But even the thought of her coming to harm made the man sick to his stomach. He decided to just leave her alone.

He did not.

Every moment he turned away he felt a wave of depression and sadness wash over him. Every second that his eyes were left without her filled him such an intense feeling of despair he could hardly move. 'I'll just watch her then.' He thought. And he did. Her simply being happy was enough to make the man blush, her gracefulness as she walked through the grass was so captivating he couldn't look away-

Wait... where was she going?

Not wanting to be without the woman, man quietly followed her to a nearby town filled with busy and bustling people. He didn't dare go in... the sight of him by just one person would be cause for a massive panic, and the girl might be lost in the crowd- or worse- see him.

So with no other options, he left. Back to the old routine... find some people, torture them for your own 'amusement', repeat. But as he went to wreak havoc on another town, he found it was.. different. It wasn't the same thrill of madness and panic it had used to be. And what of the girl? What might she think?

...that he was a monster, probably.

He left the town unharmed and went back to the town the girl had entered. He sat on the outskirts, hidden from anyone who was inside. He thought for a long time. What was with this woman that he had now been chained down by? Why did he care? How can I get her to like me?

...flowers. All women like flowers! At least, in movies they do.

Using his godlike abilities, the man whipped up some of the most beautiful flowers he could imagine into a single bouquet. He stood up and dusted himself off. 'What am I doing??? All people either fear or hate me.. or both,' he thought, 'you are simply going to humiliate yourself.'

The man reached one of the buildings and leaned back on it, trying to figure out what to do

The man reached one of the buildings and leaned back on it, trying to figure out what to do. Disguise? No, that would be weird. Give it anonymously? No, that won't work either. Shape-shift? That would... work...
But for some reason, he felt like doing that would be cheating in a way. Gah! What had gotten into him? He's the destructor of cities! He's the most feared stick in the cosmos! He's-