The Stowaway

Warning - Violence.

Reader

You awoke to sun streaming through the massive hole in the roof of the hut. You had managed to find one that wasn't completely destroyed and even better it had a communicator inside. Granted it was busted but you manage to scrounge up enough parts from the X-Wing wreckage to fix it and get a message to the Resistance.

You sat up and stretched your arms over your head. Your H/C hair had come loose from it's ties in your sleep and was sticking up in all manner of directions. Not a good look for you. Hastily you braided it again  and adjusted the ties pulling your locks out of the way. Just then the communicator began to crackle with static.

You turned to knobs honing in on a the proper frequency. "Come in L/N do you copy?" You picked up the radio and pressed the button. "I copy." you replied anxiously.

"Oh thank god Y/N we were worried you were dead, we had to leave Jakku's orbit when the First Order showed up but we are sending a transport for you." replied the voice on the other end. With the static you couldn't 100% tell who it was but you imagined it was your friend Miles he specialized in communications during training.

You sighed with relief at the sound of the friendly voice on the other end your slumping forward shoulders slightly. You let your head bob forward pressing the communicator against your forehead as you said a silent thank you to the gods. But then you remembered, Poe! How could you forget. You bolted upright and pressed the com button frantically again "What about Poe? He was taken by Kylo Ren and the First Order we need to save him."

There was silence for a long time, you worried the signal had dropped. "Hello? Miles?" you said your voice coming out more panicked than you intended.

"Y/N, stay where you are the transport is coming." another long pause "Please don't do anything stupid." Your heart broke, they were leaving him and they wanted you to give up and stay put.

You slammed the com onto the table causing sand flying off and dance in the air around you glittering in the morning sun. There's no way in hell you were just going to stay put and leave Poe Dameron to die. He was your hero and your friend. You got up grabbing whatever you could find that would help you on your trek and took off in the direction that BB-8 headed the night before.

Maybe if you could find the droid you could find a way to get to Poe.

After several hours of walking you were exhausted, you looked up at the sky shielding your eyes from the sun with your hand. It would be dark in a couple hours, you'd already been walking for almost an entire day. But determination set in so you slowly breathed in and pushed the exhaustion away on the exhale, trekking on for another hour before finding shelter behind a dune for the night.

You woke at first light. The sun on this planet was brutal, it brought heat the second it rose to the second it set. You gathered your things quickly and started forward again. After several more hours you came to a small outpost, there was a commotion people were yelling and you heard blasters firing.

You spotted a flash of orange and white streaking through the makeshift stalls. BB-8! The droid was with a dark haired girl and a man, wearing Poe's jacket? You paused confused, they were being chased by troopers.

You hesitated, where there were troopers there was a transport and if they were after BB-8 they most likely came from the ship Poe was on. You knew the droid was important, but honestly it looked to be in good hands.

Poe on the other hand? He could be bloody and beaten and dying. Horrible scenarios flashed through your brain. You sprinted towards a trooper and fired landing a shot to his back. He dropped instantly.