I

Alicia's POV

Forest, 22:13

I was laying in a cold pile of snow.

The freezing breeze of the night made it worse.

My voice became slurred causing me not able to ask for any help.

The snowflakes falling on my bare skin easily melts turning into cold water droplets.

My eyelids start swelling, and I got easily exhausted because of the small amount of oxygen I can breathe.

Besides the fact of this torture, I still fight against the drowsiness my exhaustion caused. Snow started piling up on me, making my uncontrollable shivering worse.

I was about to close my eyes as a canine started howling from a distance. The sound kept getting closer and closer. I am not aware about the ambiance of the area except for snow and pine tree forests.

I heard the sound of groveling snow coming to me. It might be this.

This might be it.

Flister's POV

In the Orphanage, 21:46

The chamomile tea Mrs. Elvia brew started wafting around the whole kitchen. She the sat at her favorite worn couch. I can see how comfortable she was. A sip from her tea cup then placing it on the side table.

"Is that really what you want to do Ali? It is really cold outside and it might be dangerous for a 9-year old like you." Mrs. Elvia exclaimed.

"I may be small yet I am the oldest among us here. You really criticize the power of Ali, Mrs. Elvia? That snow is nothing but mere dust for The Great Ali!" I replied proudly.

I saw her laugh and sip her tea.

Mrs. Elvia Is the best child caregiver. She is your typical 50 year-old woman. We often see her in her jean-colored orphanage uniform. Her hair is gray and always tied as well-made buns. Her eyeglasses always hangs around her neck. Many people says that she looks cruel but I think she is not.

I was still standing near the window, waiting for the permission to pick out some woods as fuel for the fire. It may be real cold outside but I am the oldest kid here.

After some thinking, an agree came from her.

"You should be really careful outside and never wander too far. Also, bring Lei with you."

Lei is the dog roaming around the orphanage before. He was never been wild ever since we found him. He is also kinda lonely so he also passed as an orphan so that is the reason we took him in.

I thanked Mrs. Elvia exit the kitchen.

"Where are you going Ali?"

I was approached by Clementine, one of the youngest orphan. She might heard our conversation.

"Why, you little sneak?"

I then hugged her like a big brother I am making his little sister pissed. She kept struggling and finally freed out. We both laughed.

"Yeah. I just heard you talking to Mrs. Elvia. So, where are you going?" Clementine asked once again.

"I'll be hunting wolves." I said loudly.

Her faced turned confused, her two eyebrows met and this annoyed feeling bothered me.

"YOU LIAR! How can you hunt if you're so small?'

I've seen this coming.

"Well, whatever it is, good luck then and be sure to wear your thick clothes if you are going outside." Clementine left going North leading to the Girls' Room.