o n e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ hello there !! lowercase will be intended for this story, also please don't be shy to remind me of grammatical errors or some of the sorts. lastly, this is a modern au and i'll be making y/n, ray, norman and emma aged up to 15. ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

y/n, emma, ray and norman has been friends since forever, but ever since they turned 13, y/n has been feeling strange things for one of their friends, ray.

ray is a mysterious one, quiet, reserved, observant,, all of those qualities. he doesn't say much but you have to admit, he is pretty sweet. no matter how much of a tease that he is, he always knows when to stop.

its a good quality of him, really, but of course, y/ns idiotic 13 year old self was dumb enough to figure those 'strange feelings' out.

norman, of course, knew. not because she told him, but because he was just that observant. norman was almost the same as ray, since all of them grew up together, it's no surprise that they might've gotten each others qualities.

for example, y/n and emma, out of the group, they've been the closest. their personalities started rubbing of each other, like their stupidity.. just kidding hehe.

but it's true, there's no denying that y/n is an airhead because of emma. they're the almost quite the same! but of course, there's always differences. no matter how much alike they may be, there will always be differences.

believe it or not, y/n is almost as smart as ray. if being honest, her knowledge is in between emmas and rays.

that's how she realized that those 'weird feelings' she's felt all this time was the feeling of like— no. it wasn't even that close to like. what's the proper word to use..? love? ..yes, love.

a year and a half when y/n started liking — well, 'loving' — ray, no one knew but norman. hell, y/n didn't even know that norman knew. all she thought that he had a suspicion of it, nothing more.

but now we move on to the present! y/n has liked ray for two years now. two years. honestly i didn't think that a girl could be so attached to stupid crush.

two years of a crush and emma still doesn't know! nor ray, honestly, no one can tell wether y/n is telling the truth or not. only norman can, and norman is too smart for his own good.

and y/n still doesn't know that norman knows! weird isn't it? a quality that norman and y/n share is they're good at lying. same with keeping secrets.

same with ray, he's exceptionally good at lying, especially to emma. but i guess that it's not much of a surprise, emma is dumber than she looks, well, honestly speaking, she's smart and dumb at the same time. i guess you could put her on the 'academically smart but dumb' category.

putting all that aside, it's not much a surprise that y/n has kept the crush thing on ray a secret. well, she wants to confess but she just can't find the right words for it.

i don't think she's all that prepared for rejection either, but who am i to say that? it's not like i would know how y/n or 'the reader' would act.

..oops, that isn't related to the story now, is it? what am i even saying? aha!

there's no denying that y/n is killing to confess, she wants to tell ray how she feels, she just doesn't have the courage to do so. also if she did confess, it might risk their friendship, and she wouldn't want that now, would she?

y/n's loud alarm clock rang, making her rub her eyes and groan "ugh.. morning already? isn't it a bit too early..?" she sighed, getting out of bed.