Chapter 10: Rendezvous

*1 month later* 

Nevaeh's P.O.V.

Everyone was back on their feet again. Yeah, my dad was still gone but we were alright. It wasn't the end of the world. My mom left on her trip and we were staying with grandma Alicia and Grandpa. But we decided to go out today. All the friends. We met up at the mall in the food court and decide to eat before we shopped.

Angel: One thing I can't stand is when you get the cheesy fries and only the top fries have cheese.

Mario: Maybe the lady just doesn't like you.

Angel: *flicks him*

Calvin was sitting across from Heaven and they never made eye contact. Heaven kinda stared down and Calvin looked everywhere but at her. Jayden sensed it too.

Jayden: Awkward...

Nevaeh: Yeah, aren't you two a thing?

Heaven and Calvin: *unison* No!

The whole table fell quiet.

Heaven: No..

Mario: O-kay... That wasn't strange at all.

Angel: Oh. My. God. I'm dreaming.

Nevaeh: What?

Angel: Is that-.. *points*

We all looked and we weren't quite sure what we were looking at.

Angel: Is that a sale at Victoria's Secret?

I squinted and looked closely.

Nevaeh: Yeah, the sem-

Before I could finish my sentence, she got up, grabbed Heaven's hand and they ran to VS. They always shop undergarments together.

Jayden: Hm, that broke the awkwardness.

Nevaeh: Okay, look. Staying with my Grandpa and Grandma is not working. One of y'all gotta come up with a plan B or something.

Calvin: What we gone do? Persuade them to let you go home?

Nevaeh: No, but throw a sleepover or s trip or something where we don't have to be there. *whining*

Mario: You can stay at my house. *winks*

I rolled my eyes at him.

Jayden: I can say we're going to...Miami... Cause we are but you guys can stay at our house while we're gone.

Nevaeh: Oh, please. Uncle Spin would kill us.

Jayden: Yeah but he doesn't has to know.

Nevaeh: You're willing to lie to your parents... 

Jayden: What? It's nothing new. They're so in love they probably wouldn't even know if I was missing.

Calvin: Or, how about this. We stage a "road trip". Now we won't actually go but they'll think we will-

Jayden: Just turn them against each other and spend the night at Angel's house. Duh.

Calvin: *sarcastic* Well sure, J. You can cut me off if you have something to say.

Mario: Right, don't make it too complicated cause your mom will figure it out.

Jayden: Yeah, she's like... The opposite of the Riddler

*Later that afternoon*

Heaven and I sat in the guest room while grandpa and grandma cooked. Mom called.