Birthday Bitch

Ashley Moore is Rivera's faceclaim

Breathing heavy, Elena drops to the ground with a grunt after working out with Tyler.

"Okay, you get started. I'm just gonna take a quick nap." She says stretching out in the fallen leaves.

"No way. Not again. I'm not falling for it this time." Tyler shakes his head plopping down next to her.

"Last time you said "you get started" I did everything and you took all the credit." He says.

"Not my fault you fell for it." She says sitting up.

"Fine I'll help, but I want waffles." She says standing up and pulling him with her.

"Okay, deal." He nods then narrows his eyes.

"Hey. You asked me for my help not the other way around." He says as she laughs.

"Too late, Lockwood. I want whip cream on those waffles." She says turning around and looked up at the subject of their negotiation.

A few yards into the woods on the Lockwood estate stood a large tree house, the mayor's wife had built for her son and his friends years prior.

"This is a really cool idea El, but what made you think of doing this after all these years?" Tyler asks climbing up the ladder after Elena.

"This is Remy's first birthday without our parents, I want it to be special and to bring back good memories. With this whole council and Augustine thing, Rem's been really down about them. I want him to remember how much they loved him." She says looking around the tree house.

"That's a really good idea, El." He says putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Of course it is, I came up with it." She says with a smirk making him snort and shake his head.

"Alright, let's do this." Tyler says.

__________

"Rem, wake up. I've got waffles!" Elena says knocking on her brother bedroom door.

"Good morning, brother mine. Your almost 15, do you feel any different?" She asks teasingly when he opens the door.

"The only thing I feel is the urge to slam this door in your face." He says groggily through a yawn.

"But then you wouldn't get these delicious waffles." She says holding the plate up to him.

"Yum- wait. Who made them?" He retracts his hands from the plate with a suspicious look.

"Ha ha. They're safe, Mrs. Lockwood made them. Or more specifically, Mrs. Lockwood's chief made them." She says as he grabs the plate.

"Mmm, so good." He means shoveling the waffles into his face.

"Slow down, Rem. They aren't going anywhere." She teases earning a middle finger.

"Alright, when your done take a shower and we can hit the road." Elena says sitting down next to him.

"where's your suitcase? I want to make sure you packed everything." she says raising brow when he looks to her wide eyed.

“Well, you see. The thing is... I haven't technically packed it yet." Jeremy says setting down his plate.

"Ugh! Rem, I told you to pack days ago. You can’t wait last minute. What if something you wanted to wear is in the laundy?” Elena exclaims rummaging through his closet.

“I’m sorry, mom” He says teasingly making her turn to him wide eyed.

“Oh my god. I really did sound just like her.” She says with a laugh making her brother smile.