Secret

I had actually managed to get home that night. I have absolutely no recollection of how I got all of the blood off of me, off of the knife, off of everything. My only assumption was of the voice doing it all for me - and it was the only plausible answer.

 But there was still her image staining my mind, her blood on my body. I killed someone again. And Yugi was not going to be happy when the news reported this incident. Oh no, he would not be.

Now that I was awake and lying in my bed, I was starting to see vivid images of how I did it. Apparently I just opened her window, creeping in. When I saw Téa, I...leapt over to her and just stabbed the knife in her chest. Then I woke up.

I sat up a little bit, groaning. I hated that voice. Hated is too light a word; loathed suits perfectly.

Yugi wasn’t in the room with me, and that worried me greatly. Maybe he had seen me covered in blood, and was so horrified that he left, but not before that voice told him everything.

I gasped. That was actually pretty possible. Could Yugi...have left me...?

I looked to the door, slowly getting up and walking over to it. I had to check around the house. I had to see if he was still here...just in case...

I then stopped and looked at the door. I was getting possessive now. This wasn’t like me. Usually, I would be absolutely fine with the fact that Yugi had just gone out for a bit. But now...He needed to be with me at all times, he needed to be by my side. If he wasn’t there, then all hell would break loose. I would break down, I would...I would...

God, I don’t know anymore.

Suddenly the door burst open. Yugi was standing there, his eyes red and puffed. My heart raced with agony upon seeing him.

“Y-Yami...T...Téa’s...in Hospital...” He croaked.

I opened my arms and he came into my warmth, softly crying on my chest. I was scared for him, and I was scared for Téa. If she was in the Hospital, that meant she still had a chance. He didn’t completely kill her, which meant good news for the both of us.

Isn’t this what you wanted, Yami? To have him with you at all times...to have him crying into you and only you...like he is now.

No, it’s not what I wanted. Stop pestering me!

I held Yugi closer at this. He didn’t seem to mind, though, which was extremely easy on me. In fact, I think it comforted him slightly.

“D-d’you think...that the...m-murderer...got her?”

Yes. “No, Yugi...I’m sure it wouldn’t be connected.” I knew it was, though.

“But...Yami...it seems like it was...” He mumbled.

I sighed a little bit, moving him from me and going over to the bed. I sat him down and then moved beside him, wiping away some of the remaining tears from his cheeks.

“I can’t say for sure, Yugi.”

Yes you can. I ignored the voice.

It scares me, Yami...knowing that someone is out there...that we could be next...” Yugi mumbled.

“I promise you, Yugi...nothing will harm you or me. Okay?” I tried to reassure him. He just looked at me and knew I wasn’t lying. I would protect him, but not in the method I had in mind.

He just nodded, though, slowly going to hug me. I let him do this, since it was the only comfort that he gave me. I knew that he thought I was the one giving him comfort, but oh no, it was the other way around.