Chapter 12

Twelve

TW: mentions of abuse, sexual assault and a parent death

Samanthas POV

I woke up feeling someone cuddling me. I looked up to see Spencer's head. I was confused at first but then I remembered what happened in the middle of the night.

I didn't move from Spencer's grasp. I felt warm and calm. My mom used to do this to me when I got upset and it helped. A lot.

I closed my eyes again and tried to go back to sleep. Eventually I did.

After about 2 hours, I woke up in bed alone. I assumed spencer had a case or just couldn't stay in bed any longer. I didn't have a problem with that.

I sat up and stretched when I heard loud, high pitched beeping. I shot out of bed as the sound was familiar.

The smoke alarm. I opened my door to find spencer cooking. I let out a sign of relief and he jump at the sound.

He spun around to look at me. Giving me a kind smile. I walked into the kitchen where i could smell something burning. It was pancakes.

Spencer was cutting strawberries and didn't notice that it was burning. I grabbed a spatula and took the pancake out of the pan and placed it on a plate.

I poured more batter in the pan and began making a few more. I felt eyes on me. I tuned my head slightly to see spencer watching me.

"I like cooking, I'm good at it" I stated.

"I can tell. I figured out you were good with the meal you made last night"

His compliment made me smile.

"I was trying to make you breakfast. I thought that maybe it would make you feel better after last night?" He said, a sincere look in his eyes.

"Thank you, but I can take over from here if you want. I can make all the meals form now own too"

"That would be great!"

I nodded and continued to make breakfast. I made 6 pancakes. I had 2 and spencer had 3. We had one left so we put it in the fridge as leftovers.

After breakfast, I went and got dressed. It was only March so I put on a yellow crew neck and some dark wash jeans with rips in them.

*the outfit*

I then brushed my teeth and hair before I went back to the living room

I then brushed my teeth and hair before I went back to the living room. Spencer wasn't there so I assumed he was changing as well.

After a few moments, spencer came out from his room in black dress pants and a light purple button up shirt.

He smiled when he saw me and cane to sit beside me.

"So, do you wanna talk about last night? If not, that's totally fine. But if you ever what to talk, I'm here" he said.