I'm Afraid

☁︎ ✰♩✰♩✰♩✰♩✰♩ ☁︎

I pushed John away from me right away, a shocked look on my face.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I crossed my arms under my chest.

"I. Love. You." He said with a neutral tone.

"No you don't!"

Johns blank face quickly turned to anger. "You can't tell me if I love you or not, Y/N!"

"But I can tell you that I don't love you! I can't love you." I immediately regretted what I just said, I saw the pain in his eyes. "No John, I mean-"

"It's okay, I get it." He turned away from me and rode off on his horse.

I walked back to camp, pondering on what I would say to John when he got back to camp. Would we stay friends or is he gonna shut me out?

Tilly walked up to me with a smile "Hey Y/N-"

"Not right now, please." I hid my face from her and ran to my tent, I got onto my cot and laid down. Tears filled my eyes, fearing I had lost John forever. He's been my best friend for as long as I could remember.

Tilly walked in with a worried expression. She sat down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. I burst into tears, she sat there and comforted me, rubbing my back.

"What's wrong?" She asked me with a soft voice.

"I don't wanna talk about it.. Is Arthur in camp?" I sat up, putting a weak smile on my face.

"No, Dutch sent him out to do somethin'." Tilly continued to rub my back. All my tears had dried and I finally calmed down. "You sure you don't wanna talk about it?"

"I just need some time alone." Tilly nodded her head, an understanding look on her face. She got up from my cot and walked out of the tent.

I grabbed my book and read from where I left off. It was getting more interesting. The rich man, Carlos, is finally realizing that he's in love with his maid, Yasmin. He's not too sure what to do though because his parents would never approve of her.

I continued reading. After about 20 minutes of reading I realized I only had two chapters left. I quickly closed the book, wanting to finish it later. I laid back down on my cot and took a quick nap.

Someone shook me awake, I turned over to Arthur, who had an annoyed look on his face. "C'mon, we have to go help Charles with somethin'." I stood up from my cot, my eyes adjusting to the bright sun.

"What's goin' on?" I looked up to him, I could tell he didn't want me going.

"Rains Fall needs us to keep the peace at some meeting of his." I nodded, grabbing my gun belt and hat.

"Well let's go!" I walked past Arthur, out my tent and to my horse. The three of us mounted up and rode out of camp.

We went down a path, coming to view of a camp. Rains Fall hitched his horse, following with his friend. Me, Arthur, and Charles all got off our horses and followed rains fall to a table where the Colonel and Captain Monroe were.

"Colonel Favours, Captain Monroe." Rains Fall greeted them, a small smile on his face.

Arthur, Charles and I stood beside him, receiving some dirty looks.

"Who are they?" Colonel Favours asked, taking a quick glance at the three of us.

"They're friends of my people." Rains Fall replies with a calm voice.