☆Twenty-Three☆

~ Third Person P.O.V ~ 

"Your eyes, open depths of languid pools. Pour your heart into mine. Your compassion, beating reverently as your heart. Pour your lips into mine . . ."
—BisexualCricket, Poetry Journal

"Wait, wait, wait," Izuku chuckled, waving his hands around in order to stop the elder from speaking. "You mean to tell me you own houses all across the world?!"

Shoto allowed a sheepish smile to creep onto his mouth, ducking his head as he continued his path down one of the hallways where he was showing Izuku around. "A man's gotta make a living somehow," he grinned.

"So, how does that work?" Izuku pressed, looking at all the rooms that aligned the long hallway. 

The elder led him into the last room at the end of the hall, it was another guest bedroom, decorated in plain furniture and mint green paint on the walls. Guiding Izuku over to the bed in the corner he scoots all the way up, opening his hands for the younger to join him.

"Well?" the freckled male repeated, curling up at Shoto's side—the rhythmatic pulsing of his heart filling Izuku's ears like a melody. 

Shoto heaved a sigh, trying to recalibrate his attention to the past rather than his soulmate lying next to him. "It started after World War two," he began, "I had just got back from America, a beautiful but hate-filled country. Being in the military paid well, when I got back I bought my first house—before that I had been staying with friends and roommates over the decades."

Emerald jewels known as Izuku's eyes were glued onto Shoto's face attentively as he spoke, soaking in every syllable. 

"Anyway, it was rather nice-sized, enough to fit a small family but too big for me by myself. One of my friends at the time, his father bought and rented out houses . . . I guess I got the idea from him. My house was rented out quickly, and with the money I was getting from my tenants paying rent I got my own little apartment." a ghost of a smile lingered on Shoto's lips at the nostalgic memories that flooded him.

"And you saved enough money to buy another house then do the same?" Izuku guessed, tracing unknown shapes into the boys' arm.

"Exactly,"

Shoto's body tensed, the entire atmosphere around them had changed and he seemed to be the only one to notice. He had been like this all night, ever since he found out . . . But had Izuku noticed? No, Shoto knew that would not be the case—for the boy was far too enthralled with the house's charm and beauty to pay attention like he usually would have done. 

It was late, naturally, the two were still up for this seemed to be a habitual thing for them now. Izuku begged for a tour as soon as they had finished eating and unpacking, and who was Shoto to deny his soulmate's wishes? The elder would have grovelled at Izuku's feet if he asked it. He was tense the entire time, his voice still velvety smooth as he spoke yet his limbs and mind seemed to be malfunctioning.

God, he wanted nothing more than to just speak to the boy about it—desperate to know if Izuku knew anything about what they were to each other. But the more rational, cerebral side of him told Shoto otherwise . . . it would only cause more problems if he brought it up. The last thing he wanted was for Izuku to be upset, more so than he already is.

No, he would have to be patient.

"When did you buy this house?" Izuku asked quietly, leaning his back against Shoto's chest so he was sitting up.

"Uhm," a ragged influx of air was delivered into Shoto's lungs as he pondered how to answer. "This house has been in my family for generations," he admitted, knowing what was to come next.