Reverse cards

It's been months that i've been trying to get more informations about her. But no one knows anything. It's just weird that everything about her is a mystery.

She doesn't talk to anybody, no one talks to her. She  sits in the back of the classroom, doesn't say a thing unless spoken to. She sometimes disappears in the middle of the day, no one asks about it or complain. Not even the principal.

She is just unknown to every single soul surrounding her every day. She's just the 'quiet girl'.

And i am, your typical kind of bad boy, the captain of the lacrosse team, annoying everyone, always getting detentions, going to parties every chance i get, a drug dealer too. Long story short, everyone knows my name.

She caught my eye, a few months ago, when she collapsed into me while running in the hallways. She didn't even apologize, she just got up and resumed to running. That never happened to me, everyone is scared of me, that's why no one dares to disrespect me. Like what she was running for was better than earning my respect, huh.

I've been trying engage a conversation. But she would always cut it short or would leave me no place to ask anymore questions.

She is now sitting in a corner at the cafeteria, and i am seated at my usual table, with my friends, which was across the room from her. I get up without saying goodbye, and make my way to where she's.

I take place beside her, crossing my legs.

"Hey!" i speak up.

She just nods.

"Sup?" See, i am trying to initiate a conversation here!

"Nothing much." she simply replies, too simply even.  She didn't even ask about me! Rude.

"So what you doing?"

"Nothing much." she repeats.

Those short replies are irritating me.

"Can you stop playing hard to get?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" She snaps her head in my direction.

"Every time i try to talk to you, you block every possibility to do so. Just stop fighting it."

"Fighting what?" She liberate a humorless chuckle.

"Fighting the fact that you are attracted to me and that you like me." I shrugged.

She laughs, but this time a humorous and loud one. What is she laughing about?

"Yeah, right!" She exclaims.

"You know the good girl always falls for the bad guy, Emily. Just wait for it." Her face turns serious, i stand up and leave the table before she has a chance to shoot a come back.

***

*A few days later*

I am doodling a few unclear figures on my notebook, while the english teacher is loosing his voice trying to make us understand. I feel something vibrating into my backpack who is at my feet. It's my phone. I let it ring until the other person ends the call.

It vibrates again. I bent down to grab it and look at the caller ID. It was from a 'no caller ID' number, but i immediately knew who it was. I lift it to my ear after answering it.

"The gang leader of the other drug dealing competitor located our locations. All of us. No one is safe and you are surely not safe at school so get down here to my basement to hide from them! We have to meet our gang leader here." Steve says through the phone in a hurry.

"What? How?" I say in a demanding voice.

"Kevin, did you hear me? I said get down here," He says calmly before shouting, "NOWW!!" Then he added, "they will be invading your school at any minute now  to look for you, hurry!" He said before ending the call.

Grabbing my backpack, i exist the classroom without asking the teacher. They are coming here. That means no one is safe here and if anything, i should go look for Emily. I opened every door in the hallways looking for her but she was no where to be seen.

My phone vibrates again, in my pocket. I just wanna find her and get going. I can't just leave her. What if they start shooting? If anything happens to her i wouldn't forgive myself.

I really do be falling for her, hard.

The phone vibrates again, and again and again. I give up after looking in every inch in school. I run toward my car starting it and getting out of the parking lot. When i was driving out the gates, around twenty cars with tinted windows make their way into the driveway.

I take the road, at an insane speed, to Steves' basement where he said everyone would be. It's the first time I'm actually meeting with the gang leader i work for. The man never showed his face, only the 'most trusted' knew who he really was. I would always get my stash from one of the 'most trusted' workers and they would give me the instructions. Or i would get a call from the leader equipped with a voice changer.

Once i get there, i turn off the car and get to the door. I tap our door code before it swung open, someone grabbed me inside immediately closing the door behind. Damon, the guy who pulled me in, takes my hand and starts walking downstairs.

We entered the room in silence. Everyone was already quiet, i guess we are all waiting for the instructions to get in action before we really get crashed. I spot a small figure with a turned back and a hoodie hat over the head. Is that our leader? Why is he so tiny.

Not a second passed before the hoodie guy turns around and remove his hat.

My heart beats quickened, when the person laid their eyes on me.

"Turns out, the good girl may always fall for the bad guy, but the bad guy always falls for the superior women. Right?" Emily says with a smile.