Chapter 4

"My baby! Hunter what happened?!" I hear my mother’s voice as I start to come to.

"She hit her head pretty hard." Hunter's beautiful voice echoed through my head. I blinked my eyes open and saw my mother, father, Hunter, and his parents all standing around me.

"How long have I been out?" I ask sitting up, but the Doctor pushes me to lay back down.

"A couple hours." The doctor says.

"I'm so sorry." Hunter says looking like he's close to tears.

"It's fine, I didn't know. I'm fine now." I comfort him. "May I go home?" I ask trying to convince them that I am fine. I hope I am.

"I think she's fine to go home now, although she will need to rest for a few days." the doctor says and Hunter takes my hand and helps me sit up. My mother on my left and Hunter on my right, slowly walk me out of the doctor’s office. We walk through the town and slowly back towards the carriage. I didn't even get to see the town. This whole trip was just a waste of time.

"Are you okay to ride in the carriage again?" my Father asks.

I slowly nod and hop inside beside Hunter. My mother and father sit out in the front and Hunter's parents are in the other carriage. Once the carriage starts to move, I jump slightly and I think Hunter noticed. He slowly moved his arm around me again like he had before.

"It's okay, I promise." he says quietly.

I close my eyes the rest of the way back to the castle.

 "We're here." Hunter says and helps me out of carriage.

"I don't ever want to do that again." I say flinching my eyes.

I stride into the castle; I actually feel a lot better anyways, although my head still hurts. Hunter grabs my shoulder and turns me around. We're already inside the castle and about 8 paces from my room.

"Look, just because you had one terrorizing moment doesn't mean you can never ride in a carriage again." I roll my eyes.

"Just for right now at least, I'm not. Maybe in the future," I sigh "Today was just a wreck." I start walking into my room and sit on my bed. I lean over, my head sitting in the palms of my hands.

"I'm sorry Hazeline, it was all my fault." Hunter says from the doorway. His beautiful blue eyes are shimmering.

"No it wasn't don't say that." I get up and stand right next to him. We both look into each other’s eyes and I think I've seen more in his eyes than I have ever in this world.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." his voice keeps getting lower as if he's afraid of someone else listening.

"Okay, I'll hold you up to that." I smirk.

Then I did this totally subconsciously, but I move closer and kiss him. His face turns a pink-ish color and I can feel mine doing the same. I shouldn’t have done that.

He smiles looking down at the floor. He looks up at me and says "Goodnight Hazel." He walks towards his room and shuts the door. I slam my door unintentionally and quickly slip into my sleeping gown.

"Ugh Hazel!" I tell myself. I throw my face into my pillow and start to cry. "You're so stupid!" I take a deep breath and try to gain control, my head pounding as tears stream down my face. I sit up on my bed and try to steady my breathing. I probably just ruined any chances I was starting to have with Hunter. He's never going to talk to me again, it will be so awkward. I should probably try to sleep. But I can't. I lay back down and stare into the darkness, my mind just won't shut up.

By this time it's pretty late and Hunter is probably already asleep. Although my mind didn't seem to have very much control over what my feet were doing because before I knew it, I was standing outside Hunter's bedroom. I was just standing there, I couldn't decide what to do. Then again, before I knew it I was knocking. There's a shuffle of footsteps then he answers the door.

"Hazel?" he says rubbing his eyes.

"Hunter, I'm sorry about before. I just feel like I ruined everything and I can't sleep and-" he stops me there and kisses me.

"You talk too much, Hazel." he says laughing. I laugh then smile, and start walking back to my room.

"Goodnight for real." he chuckles. "Goodnight for real Hunter." I close my door and slip into my bed. Well maybe this day wasn't a total disaster after all.