No Wolfie⎪𝔹𝕖𝕒 𝕃𝕦𝕡𝕚𝕟 𝕆𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕥

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters! Phoebe Lupin belongs to @celestialsea and all other to JK Rowling. I don't own anything and don't get money for writing this.

Monsters Under The Bed

In the Lupin household, it was almost silent. And I say almost, because Lyall Lupin was busy telling his four-year-old daughter a bedtime story. His wife Hope and five-year-old son Remus were asleep already, and the only ones not yet were Lyall and little Phoebe, or Bea, as everyone called her.

"...and they married, travelled the world and lived a happily ever after. Good night, Bea. I love you", Lyall finished his story and kissed his daughter on the forehead. He just wanted to stand up and leave the room, when a small voice piped up.

"Don't leave yet." Lyall looked back, surprised. He'd thought that Bea was already fast asleep, but she wasn't. She was looking at him through sleepy eyes, and he could tell she was inches away from falling asleep, but she stayed awake. She stayed awake to make that one request that would change everything Fate had planned for the future.

"You haven't checked for monsters under the bed, Daddy", Bea said and Lyall nodded. It was true. He'd almost forgotten it, bu he could definitely count on his baby girl to remind him of this.

So he walked back to the bed and crouched down, smiling at Bea in the process. He bent his head down and-

-shot a powerful non-verbal stunning hex at the figure laying underneath his daughter's bed. He didn't want her seeing that man. And he wouldn't tell her about him.

"All clear, sweetheart. I made the monster go away." He kissed her on the forehead again and waited for Bea's breath to even out before he opened the door so he could see out to the hall. He crouched down in front of the bed again, and banished the figure — otherwise known as Fenrir Greyback — into the hall.

He walked out as fast and as silent as he could and closed Bea's door behind him. He breathed out through his nose, wondering how the hell that beast had gotten into his daughter's room and under the bed so easily. He looked up for just a second, and saw the banister and the staircase, and decided to be better safe than sorry as he performed the spell to bind the werewolf to it.

But he was still stunned, but as Lyall looked out the hallway window, he saw the almost risen full moon out and transfigured the roped into metall. Not silver, because it would kill him too fast, but a material that even a werewolf couldn't break through with its teeth and claws. Then he conjured up his Patronus.

"I've got a bound and unconscious Fenrir Greyback in my house." And he sent it off.

But just how much that would change, he didn't know yet. He didn't know what would have happened, had Bea not reminded him to look for monsters under the bed. Because today, there actually was a real monster under the bed, but Bea, as a four-year-old didn't need to know that. He may tell her when she's older, but not now.

It took no five minutes and there were people knocking on the door. Lyall would have loved to wake his wife, but he couldn't let that man out of his sight, so he flicked his wand and opened the door that way.

The Aurors on duty came up and stopped at the sight of Fenrir Greyback unconscious and bound against a banister.

"Where did you find him?", one of the aurors asked.

Lyall looked at him, straight in the eye, and said, completely serious, "Under my four-year-old daughter's bed."

There was a silence, and the second Auror gasped in shock, but when the third Auror came to his senses again, he said, "We'll take him from here."

Lyall nodded and removed the binds. "Good. But remember to stun him every now and then. It's a full moon."

The Aurors nodded, and two of them apparated out instantly, but the third held onto Greyback and disapparited only then.

Lyall was left standing in the house, after having closed the door with his wand again, rubbing his face. He had just found a fucking werewolf under his daughter's bed. On a full moon night. And he didn't even notice that man creep into the house.

Lyall didn't even want to start thinking about what would have happened if Bea hadn't told him to look for monsters under the bed. The full moon wasn't fully up yet, so he could've done anything to her, and even Remus, because he would've been in bed.

He shook his head. No. He wasn't going to think about that now. The beast was caught and his little family and anybody else would never be bothered by him again. Especially innocent and small children, not even primary school age.

Lyall thought about telling his wife Hope, but as a muggle that wouldn't be so good. Hope would panic and say he could break out of prison, but Lyall only hoped he'd get the Dementor's Kiss at earliest opportunity. And even if Greyback was somehow back again, Hope would demand to help search for him, and as a muggle, she couldn't really defend herself against a fully grown werewolf. And as the children were still too young anyway, he obviously wouldn't tell them about it either.

With the thought in mind that he'd just prevented the worst, he finally went to bed.

❁❁❁

Ok, this is really badly written, but I've just finished reading the two first books of the Phoebe Lupin series and it was just a spur of a moment decision on the quote 'He forgot to look for monsters under the bed.' I don't know if the sentence was exactly like that, but I just had the thought, 'What if he hadn't forgotten? What if he had looked under the bed and found him?'

And well, that's what came of it...