Chapter 14

Minsuh POV

I was happy. When I left, I went to live with my dad. My 'mom' went to rehab, she's doing much better now that she's out, my brother and I are on good terms, we're not mad at each other, and I met my birth mother. She's nice. She was like me, just trying to get by life, cleaning up her mess she made. I ended on good terms with my other mom. After I had left, I got therapy, and enrolled in a different school. One that helped me a lot. Now school was finally over, and I was thinking about helping my dad at work.

"It's like everything fell into place," I said on the phone. I was currently talking to Seohyun. After I had healed, I got back in touch with most of my friends. "But I still miss him."

"Wooyoung's been on your mind a lot huh?" she says.

"I love him, I do," I sighed, looking down, "I just couldn't say it at the right time. He deserves someone better. He needs someone who he can trust and love."

"But I do love you," a voice says. I whipped my head in the direction and saw Wooyoung. I softly gasped and almost dropped my phone. "I still do."

"Seohyun, I'll talk to you later," I hang up and look at Wooyoung. "H-hi Wooyoung." There were so many things I wanted to say to him, but my body didn't let me. "Wooyoung, that day I-"

"It's ok, you don't have to explain," he says. "I found out that Mika was behind it." There between us was silence. The awkward tension grew. "So, why'd you leave? Why did you stop talking to all of us?"

I looked down, "I just thought that we needed time away from each other, though it killed me."

"I missed you, you know," he says. "It hurt when I found out you left. Even when I tried to forget you, you were always on my mind." Wooyoung walked closer to me. "I never stopped thinking about you." He leaned in and kissed me. I missed them. The warm feeling he gave, his arms around me, that he said he loved me, how he would never let go, and how I felt safe. "I love you. Please be mine again." He moved hair out of my face, the wind was slowly blowing, creating a small breeze.

I could feel myself blushing, my heart racing, time stopping. I nod and lean in for a quick kiss. "I love you too. Let's start this over. Like a fresh start. From now on, this is day one."

He smiles and intertwines our hands. "Where shall we go then?"

We walked together, leaving the horizon behind us. What happened in highschool was in the past. What we should focus on was now. And each other. The world may have been seen as big, but it's smaller than we thought. Because so many people are alike, yet in their own ways. When people hurt, you don't see it right away, it takes time to notice it, or it's too late to realize when it happens in your face, or that it was you that hurt them. But the thing is, when people hurt, you help them, as you get to know them, you understand them. They heal. And that was what Wooyoung and I were.

Two hurt people, who understood each other. We're going to be there for each other. We're going to heal each other.

Because when people hurt, it's your choice to step up or not.