I like to be alone

A/n: This is going to be a short chapter where Tina and Enoch get to know each other more

___

Tina's pov:

The children and Miss Peregrine had just left for their walk. I decided to stay since I started getting headaches again. The only other person in the house with me was a grouchy boy, he was in the basement though. 

I went downstairs to get myself some food, don't judge me I eat a lot. I opened the kitchen door to find the grouchy boy sitting at the table drinking some water with his dolls. I tried to walk past him but it didn't work for him. 

"What are you doin?"

"Oh um just getting some water" I didn't want to tell him that I was getting food since we were having lunch in a few minutes. He shook his head and I got my water and I started leaving before I was stopped. 

"Where you goin?"

"Well to my room obvi, I like to be alone." I giggled after saying that which made me look like an idiot.

"And why do you like to be alone?" He said in a sarcastic tone. I got confused for a second and then remembered it was a question. I sat down and smiled, I finally got a question I actually know the answer to.

"It's a simple answer really. Alone keeps me safe and it protects me, protects me from things Miss Saika never let me see. I like to be alone because I understand myself." I laughed after saying that.

 "Well, sometimes I understand myself. It may make me seem like a loner or an outcast but I'm fine with it. If people don't like me they don't like me, it's really that simple. I mean here you guys are really old and don't really understand my slang or things I like so I just talk to myself. It may seem sad but it's really not, it helps me understand myself more and get to know myself better. I also get to deep dive into my imagination, oh how I love my brain it's so messed up! Overall being alone is good for you at times, so yea that's kinda why I like to lock myself in my room and crush over Draco Malfoy" 

When I looked back up at him he had his mouth a bit open which made me feel like a fool. I never shared my feelings with others since no one ever asked me. I could tell this kid didn't like me since he closed his mouth and put a cold expression on his face. I didn't mind though, I got up and started walking away before I thought of a question.

"Why do you like to be alone?" 

He sat there quietly for a second and just looked at his water. He seemed to have no answer to the question. I heard him mumble something but I couldn't hear it.

"What did you say?"

He rolled his eyes and replied "same reason as you"

"Oh, ok then. Chile anyways grouchy boy um I have to go. What's your name anyway?"

He looked up with cold eyes and something else I couldn't understand.

"Enoch, Enoch O'Conner"