Chapter 6 ~ A.C.C.J.

Previously...

Should you wish to succeed... Find the sister of the Sea...

[...]

"Well it said the Sea. So anyone who is technically born from "the sea" would qualify. In other words, any of Dad's children could count. Or in this case, one in particular."

[...]

Percy sighed.

"Me"

And now...

3rd Pers. POV

The deities all stared at him incredulously.

"Wait, wait, wait; you're telling us that you have a sister?!" exclaimed Hermes.

Percy nodded.

"How did I not know about this?" asked Poseidon. "Sally told me she was pregnant with you. Just you. I even saw you as a child. Had there been any other child around, especially one of mine, I would have sensed them."

Percy bobbed his head from side to side in a 'sort of' gesture.

"Yes... unless she never made it home from the hospital. In which case you wouldn't sense her."

Poseidon looked at his son questionably.

"What do you mean, son?"

"Anahita Camilla Cordelia Jackson, is my twin sister. She was sick when she was born, thus she never made it home. You said you came to visit me, but I doubt mom was around at the time, which is normal considering she spent several months going in and out of the hospital until my sister was healed."

The gods' faces seemed to clear up at that. If the demigod had been ill at birth, then she would not, automatically, give out a strong scent. No one, god or monster, would sense her and would likely mistake her for a regular mortal.

"Anahita" muttered Poseidon, testing the name on his lips. He looked over at his son. "Your mother always chose names with some form of significance. What does Anahita symbolize?"

Percy smiled.

"Each of her names has a meaning behind it, but Anahita means water/river goddess."

A few chuckles were heard throughout the group. Of course her name would have something to symbolize her heritage. Athena suddenly frowned. As the wisdom goddess, she liked knowing everything, which is why she was currently attempting to decipher the hidden meanings of the other names Percy had mentioned. Percy must have noticed her look since he answered her questions.

"Camilla, in latin, means princess warrior and Cordelia means daughter/jewel of the sea."

Athena nodded, satisfied with the answer. Artemis, meanwhile, was wondering if the girl's names were accurate. If so, she would make a good huntress.

"Well now that we have figured out who it is we are looking for, where are we going?" asked Zeus.

The King of the gods had been surprisingly quiet throughout the whole ordeal, same with Hades. It was slightly unsettling. Both Percy and Poseidon hoped neither god would make an attempt on Anahita's life. Percy since he loved his sister so much and Poseidon since he really wanted to meet his daughter who he'd had no knowledge of previously.

"Ana has a home near the palace. Just a few clicks south." Percy said.

Poseidon frowned.

"If she lived so close by, how come I've never seen or sensed her before?" he asked aloud.