𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐊𝐈𝐃!

𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙰𝙽'𝚃 𝚆𝙴𝙰𝚁 𝙿𝚄𝚁𝙿𝙻𝙴... 𝙸𝚃 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴𝚂 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝚂𝙺𝙸𝙽 𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝙵 𝚈𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙾𝚆𝚈!

𝙰𝚄𝙳𝙸𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽!

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐘'𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑. That was the first thought that Lily had that morning as she was startled awake by her obnoxious alarm clock. Slamming it off, Lily did what was between a mix of a groan and a yawn as she rolled over tiredly, and sat up, rubbing her bleary eyes. Standing up she begrudgingly made her way to the bathroom to pee.

After finishing she made her way over to the sink to wash her hands. Looking into the mirror she took in her appearance: dishevelled hair, blemishes she hadn't had the chance to cover yet and a sad look that she hadn't had time to hide away yet.

After fixing up her hair a little and playing on her phone the fifteen year old made her way to the kitchen where she was left with a note from her mother.

Good Morning, Lily, it read, Dr. Stevens called me in for an emergency shift, so sorry I can't be there for your first day of sophomore year! You'll do great, sweetie. There's some lunch money on the table, good luck.

Love, Mom.

Lily sighed once she finished reading the letter, she couldn't say she was surprised. Ever since her father had passed away, Nora had been picking up shifts at the hospital left and right, just wanting a distraction. And while Lily understood why Nora was hardly ever home, as everywhere you looked there was memory of the late John Matthews, she still needed her mom.

 Losing her father had been one of the hardest experiences Lily had gone through and a lot of the time all she needed was a hug from her mom and for her to tell her that it was going to be okay. But ever since Nora had returned to work and Lily had returned to school post John's passing, it was like the woman didn't want to be anywhere near the house or her daughter, and sometimes there were days where it felt like Lily had lost both her mother and her father.

Shaking those thoughts out of her head, Lily made her way to the fridge to grab the milk so she could make herself some cereal.

After she finished eating and had cleaned all her dishes up she made her way back up to her room so she could pick out an outfit. Lily had never enjoyed picking outfits, due to her indecisiveness it was almost impossible to pick out an outfit by herself, she had failed anytime she tried. This morning she had chosen Tina Cohen-Chang as her stylist, after texting her photos of the outfits she had planned out she waited patiently for the asian girl to make a decision as she went to brush her teeth in the bathroom.