We're Exposed

Wyatt's POV

"Wolves!" Willa, my sister, and Alpha, called from the den, dragging everyone outside and to their feet. "He's back! Come on."

I jogged up to my pack. I threw off my fake blue uniform, revealing my purple short sleeved hoodie, a vest with fur on top, and black jeans. I threw my hat to the floor, too, and fixed my hair.

A wolf came up to me and placed my precious moonstone necklace over my head. It glowed green when it hit my chest.

Someone else put my purple and black marking back on my face, and I turned to face my sister. My eyes glowed yellow.

"What did you find out?" she asked me, concern and eagerness filling her voice.

My expression quickly turned into a snarl. I held up the poster that the little girl was nailing to a post earlier. "They saw you howling, Willa."

"So?" She snatched the paper from me and examined it.

"We're exposed."

Willa scoffed and turned the poster to where I could see it. She pointed a purple claw at the wolf that was on it hind legs. "Looks nothing like us, Wyatt. We have way better hair that that." She wasn't wrong.

"Stop being such a worry-wolf, brother," she instructed me. "I just said awooo. It's like saying 'ciao', or 'aloha', or 'chow'... or 'I'll rip your throat out'. Anyway, who cares what they think? It's a terrible town."

"We have to find the Great Alpha," I reminded her, annoyance in my voice.

"If there even is a Great Alpha," she rolled her eyes.

"Willa! We saw her in the forest!"

"She didn't even have the white hair," she complained.

I rolled my eyes. "She's real, and she's going to lead us to the moonstone. And you know we don't have much time. More and more of our pack are getting sick. Our necklaces are almost out of power. We need to find the moonstone."

"And when we do," Wynter said happily, joyful as ever. "We can recharge our necklaces and stay wolf strong for another 100 years."

"Ok," Willa gave in. "Even if the girl is the Great Alpha, how do we find her?"

"I found this in the woods. It's hers."

I held up a pair of pink sunglasses. On the side, it had a little coral shrimp with Seabrook High Cheer written in green.

"We'll track her down with our keen sense of smell," Wynter suggested.

I shook my head. "It says Seabrook High on it, so I thought we might just look there."

"Ugh!" Willa exclaimed. "Ok, fine. We find the girl, and if she's the Great Alpha, she'll tell us where the moonstone is hidden."

I perked up a little. Finally, Willa listened to me. Even if it was just partially. "We leave in the morning!" I announced to the pack excitedly, just for my sister to steal my thunder.

"We leave tonight!" her voice raised over mine with confidence.

"Or tonight works," I grumbled.