Chapter 1

Shadow's POV

Ughh, I wake up so damn early. 7:30AM, why do I do this to myself? Anyways, I get up and doing the usual morning routine. Get up, eat, shower, get dressed, check phone for notifications, leave the house if needed to. I decided to head to the local cafe for breakfast cause I didn't feel like cooking. I've been alone for most of my life cause I got dumped by my ex weeks ago. Yeah, I know it sounds tough but I'm dealing with it. I sit in the chair next to a table next to the riverside. Yeah, they had seating next to a river. Well not actually next to it, it's on a deck but u get the idea. I almost finish it when I see a yellow fox walk around. Tails, a good friend of mine and close ally. He's helped me so much in the past. He looked worried as if he was expecting anyone. Minutes pass and he was about to leave when I signal him to sit with me. He sits in the chair next to me.

Shadow; hey, you feeling ok?

Tails: yeah, sonic was supposed to meet me here but he got held up by a friend so yea.

Shadow: oh I see, well, you can hangout with me if u want, I got nothing else better to do anyways

Tails: ok then hehe

Tails was always so positive and outgoing. I look up to him a lot. I swear he's my little ray of sunshine.

Tails: how are you holding up?

Shadow: still recovering, I know I should've been recovered by now but I'm not...it just hurts a lot but not as bad as it did weeks ago.

Tails: at least you're feeling better

Shadow: yeah, so umm where do u wanna go after this? I'm almost done with my coffee

Tails: umm maybe the arcade? I've been wanting to try it for a while now

Shadow: of course! Let's go!

I finish my coffee and pay and then we go to the arcade. And let me tell ya, it's huge, two stories big. Games everywhere and it's lit. Pinball machines, shooting games, hoops, horror games, ski ball u name it they got it! Me and tails play a few games and I try some that I haven't tried yet. They are a bit tough the first time but after a while you get better. I started getting more tickets so I brought with me a empty grocery bag to carry all the tickets me and tails won. I promised tails that I would buy all the prizes cause I apparently have a ton of cash on my card. After a while, we sit in a booth to get off our feet.

Tails: man this is fun!

Shadow: agreed

But, there's something I forgot to tell you, I've been dealing with anxiety for so long. I tend to forget about it.

Tails: shadow, you ok? You sound a bit off

Shadow: I'm fine I'm fine*shaking*

Tails: shadow, you have anxiety?

Shadow: how'd u know?

Tails: cause I know the symptoms and shaking is one of them

Shadow: oh, well in that case then yes I do. I've been dealing with it for a while now. Don't know how to deal with it...

Tails: I can help you!

Shadow: really?

Tails: yes!

We buy the prizes and head home to start my anxiety training.