1864 Chapter 18

"Stefan!" Katherines voice rang out.

Damon and I looked at each other nodding. This would be our only chance to kill her. I quietly picked up a chair as Damon positioned himself behind the door. Her heels clinked the stone stairs as she ran down them. "Stefan!" She cried when she locked eyes with him in his cell. 

"Katherine look-" but it was too late. Damon gripped her tightly as I broke the leg off the chair and shoved it into her heart. 

Her skin turned grey as she fell to the ground limply. 

"How could you?!" Stefan screamed then suddenly he gasped and choked. Looking up he numbly said, "why don't I care anymore?"

"Sire bond," Damon said walking away. 

We told Pearl to leave town with Anna and to not look back. She left before sunset. 

As the final glimmer of sunlight vanished with the clouds, vampires began prowling the night, and with them, blood thirsty humans.

The problem wasn’t staking the vampires, it lied wherein we steered clear of the humans trying to kill vampires and as it currently stood, we are vampires. 

After two hours of getting our asses kicked, we finally staked all the vampires and burned them in the woods, sparing all of the witches that were lost. Effectively changing history. Forever. 

We dragged our bloody undead bodies into the Salvatore Estate and the shot heard across Mystic Falls rang clear as a bell. Giusseppe Salvatore shot his oldest son right in the chest. Damons veins in his eyes darkened and his eyes were bloodshot with anger. 

“Damon, don’t,” I warned. 

He retracted his fangs and calmly wrenched the bullet from out of his chest and flicked it on the ground. Before he could load more powder into the gun, Damon was in his face, staring into his eyes, “Forget everything you know about vampires, they are nothing but a scary myth and your sons are nothing but humans.”