Chapter 36: Everything good, Must End.

I walked into my house. It was the middle of January and the year was going well so far. Steve and I have been doing good. I finished my shift as a volunteer at the hospital and headed home. When I walked through the door, I saw Steve sitting on the couch.

"Hey darling. How are you?" I asked as I took off my shoes and placed my bag down.

"Elena we have to talk." He said sternly. This was the first time in a while he used my whole first name, so it had to be serious.

"Yes sure. What is this about?" I asked.

He stood up. "I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry." He said.

"What?" I asked as I chucked nervously.

"Elena. I can't do this to you." He said.

"Do what? Steve! What are you saying?" I asked in confusion.

"You don't deserve this Elena. I just can't do this to you." He said and before I could say anything else. He walked out.

Tears began forming in my eyes. I grabbed the phone and dialed Meredith's work place. Asking her to come over.

-

"And then he just left?" She asked.

"Just like that!" I said as I paced back and forth, crying.

"Elena, are you sure?" She asked.

"Meredith! It has to be that. He has to be cheating on me. I'm telling you! He kept saying that he didn't "want to do this to me" What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. I wiped my tears.

Why did he leave?

Did I do something wrong?

I stared down at the ring on my finger.

Why did he leave like that? I couldn't believe it. He doesn't love me anymore.

"Listen Elena, I have to get back to work, will you be good?" Meredith asked.

I nodded. She walked out.

Meredith's P.O.V

I walked to Steve's house. It was almost afternoon so Steve's mom was still at work. I walked into the house.

"Steve?" I yelled. There was no answer. I heard water flowing so I walked to the bathroom. I opened the door.

"Steve?" I asked as I pulled open the curtains.

He looked at me and rushed to cover himself with the curtains.

"What?" I asked

"Whats your problem? Get out I'm naked here!" He yelled.

I looked down and looked at him.

"Your junk, spectacular. Elena, very lucky girl." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't tell her?" I asked.

"How could I Meredith? I love her too much. This is gonna break her." He said.

I stared at him.

"She'll understand-."

"She won't Meredith. This will destroy her." He said.

"Listen, I know Elena. It will hurt her at first but you have to tell her. For her sake and yours." I said. He looked at me and closed the curtains completely.

"Think about it!" I yelled as I walked out.

Elena's P.O.V

I stayed in my room. Not coming out. My parents were busy working and we're coming until later. And Leo was somewhere on a trip. I cried deeply.

Last time he left was when we first dated. Of course, we had our ups and downs these couple of months, but he never truly left me.

It left me questioning if Steve truly loved me like he said.

Were all his kisses and promises faked?

I don't know.

But they felt real in the moment.

It just seem so wild to me that things can change in the span of seconds. Feelings change.

And did his feelings for me change?

It looks like they did.

I was confused we were doing so good the past days. He has been staying with me at night and during the day, either Steve was at school with me, or working with soda at the DX.

It was just something that didn't make sence. But at the same time, it made all the sence in the world.

He simply doesn't love me anymore.

And I have to deal with that now.

And here I though we were meant to last.