Chapter One

(Ebony POV)
"Stupid Bitch!"
I jumped out of my sleep as I heard the usual screams and cries coming from the room next to mine. I sighed heavily and grabbed my phone, checking to see it was about 7:15 in the morning. I shook my head and rose from my bed as I listened to my mother begging my stepfather to calm down and let her go. I refused to attempt to get involved again seeing as I hadn't fully healed from the last time I interfered in married folks business. I could never really wrap my head around what made her stay with him but, like I said, it really isn't any of my business. I made my way into my bathroom and turned on the shower, allowing the water to get hot while I turned on my music to drown her out. I stripped my pajamas off and got in the shower.

20 minutes later......

I got out the shower and wrapped my towel around my body and tied it. I stepped in front of my mirror and went to work styling my hair for the day. Expensive- Ty Dolla $ign, Nicki Minaj played in the background as I finished my hair and stepped out my bathroom, walking over to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day. I laid everything out on my bed and slipped on my underwear and bra. Afterwards, I went ahead and lotioned my skin and put on my deodorant before getting dressed.

I caught the scent of food and finished getting myself together, grabbing my phone, backpack, and keys before heading downstairs

I caught the scent of food and finished getting myself together, grabbing my phone, backpack, and keys before heading downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and kissed my mom on the cheek, seeing my stepfather sitting at the table drinking his first beer of the morning. He looked up from his paper and watched me closely as his eyes scanned over my body. I did my best to ignore his perverted stares and walked over to the fridge to pour myself some juice. I poured my drink and fixed my plate as my mother placed a plate down in front of my stepdad. I spread the butter on my toast and looked down at my eggs and bacon. I began to stuff everything into my toast before grabbing a slice of cheese. I took my first bite and heard a loud slam.

"What the hell is this!?"

I looked up to see my stepdad slamming his plate down. My mother immediately approached hun saying, "What's wrong honey?" He slapped her hard and I took that as my cue to head on out to school. "It's too hot you stupid bitch!!" I shook my head and wrapped up my sandwich, making my way out the door and getting in my car as I finished my breakfast and drove off to yet another day at that god forsaken place despite my constant need to be honestly anywhere else besides there.