[1] ew, strawberries

"hi, is this seat taken?" a tall guy with a brown hair asked taehyun, who's currently busy reading this interesting novel. he's in a small café near their university, trying to escape from the stress and have an alone time. but apparently, someone had to interrupt him. he glanced at the stranger, boringly, and raises an eyebrow.

"does it look taken to you?" taehyun spits, rolling his eyes at him before going back to read.

"oh, sorry. i was asking, kindly. no need to be rude, mister." the stranger replies, putting his stuffs at the table beside his and sits on the wooden chair. taehyun didn't mind him and tried to focus on the book in his hands.

finally, silence filled the place. this is what he wanted to actually enjoy the novel. he needed this silence to be completely indulged into the scene and picture it, perfectly.

"oh wow, is that harry potter? prisoner of azkaban? dude that shit slaps." the person beside him commented, ruining his moment to fully understand the scene. but taehyun ignored him and continue to read it.

"did you know? sirius wasn't the one who betray harry's parents, it was actually that fucking pettigrew. insane, i know. oh, and when they rewind the time to rescue buckbeak, the famous hippogriff, it was so cool-"

"bro, did i ask you? i just started to read it, i haven't reach half of this story, geez." taehyun hissed, glaring at the annoying man.

the stranger only lifted both of his hands with a teasing smile, "i'm just telling you, chill."

"that was called spoiling if you're not aware. plus, we're not even close." he grunted, furiously flipping the next page that it almost ripped.

"why do you even read it? there are already movies for that series, suit yourself." the man speaks with a little bit of chuckle, putting his arms down.

taehyun is losing his patience to this guy.

"man, do i know you? 'cause you keep on talking to me like we're close buddies when we're certainly not. just go mind your own business. stop questioning the things that i do." taehyun snapped, closing his book with a loud thump and putting it inside of his bag.

the stranger didn't speak, anymore. taehyun was glad to put an end to that irritating mouth of his. he got his phone, plugged in his earphones, and listened to some classical music to calm his nerves. he also sipped from his cold strawberry milkshake, tasting that sweet happiness.

but when he thought everything is peaceful, the stranger's voice rings through his ears, "ew, strawberries." the man muttered.

god, someone get taehyun out of there.

he took off one of his earphones and raised his eyebrow, "were you saying something?"

"nothing. but the sight of strawberries do something weird on my stomach. they're disgusting." the stranger stated, directly looking at the milkshake taehyun was holding.

taehyun scoffed, "yeah? well, keep that to yourself. that shit's embarrassing."

"dude, why are you so mad at me? we only talked for about ten minutes but you act like i'm your biggest enemy." the man jokingly said, causing taehyun to groaned loudly.

"you just spoiled me harry potter. who wouldn't get mad?" he sarcastically asked, rolling his eyes so hard that it hurts.

"and you believed me? half of them aren't true, child." the stranger laughed.

"boy, if you don't shut up-"

"hi, excuse me?" a voice coming from an old lady cut taehyun's sentence. he looked at the granny in front of them who's giving them a sweet smile. taehyun can't help but to exchange one too.

"yes, ma'am? how may i help you?" he softly questioned, his smile never fading off.

"oh, is this seat taken?" the lady asked, pointing at the table where the stranger is sitting. taehyun furrowed his brows but assumed that maybe the elder has a poor eyesight.

"yes, it is." he simply replied, watching the old lady frowned.

"oh my, where do i sit? the place is already full." he heard the granny murmured. taehyun packed his things and stood up as he walked to her.

"you can take mine. i'm already finish, anyway." he gladly offered, gesturing at his table. the elder thanked him as he guide the lady to her seat. he bowed to her and went out, not even sparing a glance to the talkative stranger.

he walked to the street, on his way to their university. it was snowing outside, the trees are covered in white. taehyun loved this season, he feels calm whenever the cold breeze hits his rosy cheeks. he loves how white breath formed in the air whenever he sighs. it was chilling.

but it was so cold that he regrets not wearing a thick warm jacket and decided to just put on a blue sweater. he shivers when another series of cold breeze pass through him. now, why did he order a freezing milkshake instead of hot chocolate?

"feeling cold?" the familiar voice coming from his side startled him. taehyun stared at the owner with pure annoyance. the stranger followed him, giving him that disgustingly cute smile.

"are you following me? seriously? do you really like me that much?" taehyun accused, his eyes narrowing to him.

"no, i'm not? i'm on my way to university. stop jumping into conclusion." the stranger tsked, shaking his head at taehyun.

taehyun felt embarrassed at his words so he doesn't speak, anymore. he continues to walk, not giving any attention to the man who walks beside him. but the wind howls again, giving him goosebumps. he hugged himself and sighs, his body subtly shaking.

"you are cold." the man states, as a matter of fact. taehyun only nodded without sparing him a glance. the stranger suddenly stopped walking. taehyun was glad he got rid of that person-

"hey!" the man called to him. taehyun groaned and turned around to look at him.

"what?" he asked, slightly glaring at the tall guy. the other simply pointed at the convenience store nearby as he tilted his head. "okay, and?" taehyun added, shrugging.

"c'mon, i'll buy you some gloves and hot packs." the stranger offered but taehyun only scoffed.

"you want me to come with you? what if you're a kidnapper? wait- that actually make sense since you kept talking to me and follow me around-"

"what the fuck? a handsome guy like me looks like a kidnapper to you? get a life, dude." the stranger sighed, shaking his head once again in disappointment.

"still, i won't go with you." taehyun sternly said, licking his dry lips.

the brunet shrugged and tossed his arms in the air, "fine." he said and walked with taehyun again. but this time, he is taking off his jacket.

taehyun can't help but to look at the other's action, "what now? you're giving that to me?" he stated, his cheeks turning into a faint pink. why did he say that?

the guy smirked and gave him a teasing look, "do you want me to?"

taehyun gulped at the sudden change of the other's tone. for a short moment, he stopped functioning, "i mean-"

"then get yourself a boyfriend." the guy chuckled and walked pass by him, leaving taehyun completely stunned in the middle of the street. his feet glued to the snowy ground.

taehyun hopes he'll never meet that guy, again.

_

a/n: reminder folks, good-looking ppl can still be kidnappers so stay safe out there!