Chapter 1: Loser

Mark Lee strolled down the school hallways, clutching his backpack straps tightly. He walked up to his locker and turned the knob. After placing his textbooks into the locker, he closed it revealing three taller guys standing beside him. This startled mark but he just looked at them.

"Uh... Ten? What's up?" Mark stuttered scratching the back of his head.

"You're Mark right? Mark Lee?" The tall thin boy said with a smile.

"Uh, yeah?" Mark swallowed.

"Great!,ive been looking for you. this is yuta and Lucas." He said gesturing to the other males.

Mark relaxed a bit.

"Oh, well hi! It's nice to meet you guys"
Mark smiled wide as he greeted the others.

"So mark, are you busy tomorrow?" Ten asked with a smirk.

"No, I don't think so." Mark answered eager for why they were asking.

"Well, if you're down, I'm throwing a huge party at my place. Like everyone will be there, you should come." Ten smiled down at mark as he eyed his friends.

"Oh.. Well i don't know guys, party's aren't really my thing..." Mark admitted awkwardly.

"Oh come ooonnnn! Dont be such a buzzkill man!" Lucas chimed in nudging marks arm with his elbow.

"Lucas, if he wants to stay a loser all his life, thats his choice. We can't force him." Yuta pretended to whisper to make sure mark heard him.

Mark furrowed his brows.

"Hey! I'm not a loser! And I'll be at that party!" Mark said confidently.

Ten laughed slightly.
"Great! Can't wait man!" Ten said smirking.

"It's at seven." Ten said as he and his enterouge left.

Just then, Johnny suh ran down the hall towards mark.

"Dude! Why were they here? Were they bothering you?" Johnny asked with an angry expression.

"Dude! Chill out! They were just talking." Mark assured.

"Oh yeah right! THOSE guys? They always mess with you man."

"Johnny, they were being nice though, I don't think they were tricking me."

Johnny placed his hands on his hips.

"Alright so what did they talk about?"

Mark crossed his arms as they began walking out of school.

"Well, if you MUST know, ten invited me to his party tomorrow night."
Johnny's brows curled in confusion.

"What? A party? Ten invited YOU to his party?"

Mark looked kind of hurt.
"What?! Am I such a loser that I couldn't possibly be invited to a party?!"

Johnny's eyes widened.

"No! Mark that's not what I meant." Johnny said but mark stopped him.

"Look, I know I'm a loser, but I can still go to parties and try to be cool john!" Mark yelled before storming off down the sidewalk.

"Shit. Mark wait!!" Johnny ran after mark and grabbed his arm.

"Mark, im sorry dude, thats not what I meant. Look, it's just, Ten and those guys, they're bad news man, and I dont wanna see you get hurt." Johnny admitted looking into marks eyes, hand still on his arm.

Mark looked up at Johnny a small grateful smile on his face.

"Johnny, I appreciate you looking out for me, but you don't have to worry so much. I can take care of myself man, I promise."

"Mark, you don't even like parties... And you can't drink. It wouldn't even be fun"

"Johnny, thats why nobody ever wants to hang out with me! I never get invited to parties ... This might be the one time I'm not seen as a loser."

Johnny felt bad for Mark. He never ever viewed him as a loser but for some reason everyone else did. Hes seen Mark get hurt by those assholes before, and he really didnt want to see it happen again.

"Okay man, but you have to promise me that you'll be careful and you will text me updates the whole night okay?" Johnny said in a parental tone.

"Jesus johnny, are you my dad?" Mark giggled.

"Mark, I mean it."

"Okay okay, fine! I promise." Mark said punching Johnny's arm.

"Okay, you wanna go to my house? Mom said you could stay for dinner." Johnny offered as they turned down their street.

"Yeah man! Let me run in and tell my mom." Mark said running Into his house, which ironically was next door to Johnny's. They had been neighbors for as long as they can remember. Thats how they became best friends.

Mark quickly returned and followed Johnny into his house.