Sova x Reader - Bad Dreams (a crumb of pure fluff)

----PROMPT: Sova, light sleeper that he is, wakes quickly when he hears you grumbling in your sleep. You've been having nightmares for some time now, ever since the First Light... -------

---Warnings: No warnings here. I'm in the middle of editing a Brim x Reader but my adhd brain has been holding me hostage, apologies! I've been getting a lot of inboxes about updates and I just wanted to let you know I'm not ghosting you all, I'm just quite shy! Here is some really low-tier bite-size fluff as an oof for the long wait! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was pitch black when Sova heard your whimpers, nightmares from the First Light plaguing you yet again. He shot up, blinking rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the night.  You trembled in the moonlight on the farthest side of the bed, having rolled away from the blankets during your unconscious fit. He watched your face as it twisted through various emotion, a tear spilling over the round of your rosy cheek. Sova moved through the darkness and swiped it with his thumb, leaning in close to kiss the remnants away. "Shhh little bunny.." he cooed, dragging the blankets over the two of you, pulling you against him and shifting to hold you from behind, "your hunter is here with you." 

His words were a warm puff of air in the chill of the night, and even in your drowse you felt the prick of goosebumps as they sprang up over your flesh. You hushed at his familiar timbre, stirring in your sleep, reaching out to lazily search the blankets nearby. His hands slipped down your arms to assist, intertwining his fingers with your own clumsy ones. Once you'd gained purchase you tugged him closer, pushing your back into him and stuffing your icy legs between his, a soft sigh escaping your lips at the sudden warmth. 

Sova chuckled to himself, smiling as he felt you wriggle into every nook and cranny that remained, burrowing further still until your bodies were naught but a blazing heap under the covers. "Spi sladko" he murmured when you stilled, nuzzling into your shoulder. For some time he lay awake, savoring the sweet serenity of the midnight hour.  Stroking your knuckles, occasionally brushing drowsy kisses onto your skin, his eyelids growing heavy as he drifted off to sleep, the scent of you and the sounds of your slumber permeating his dreams. 

--------------------------------------------------------