playground meet up

5 months ago.

the time where mary had enough of yumeko's gambling addiction, to the point where they even had to break up. mary and ririka have been dating for only three months. yumeko knew that mary would never move on with her, or so she thought.

to yumeko's astonishment, it had come to her that mary had really move on with her.

was her gambling addiction too much?

was it because she always has eyes on the gamble in front of her and not mary?

why?

why?

why?

yumeko is in shock that she's crying ... all because of a person. "gambling this gambling that! i'm through with you. do you ever think of me?!" ... those were the words that concerned yumeko, recalling the argument they had.

it's a disaster.

yumeko ... just lying down on her bedroom floor, ignoring suzui's calls, having tons of wine bottles beside her as she lies down on the floor.

the cards, the chips, and everything about gambling.

gone.

"mary-san ..." she whispers her name, not realizing that she had a photo of her and mary on her right hand, just having a fun time in a bowling alley. she widened her eyes, remembering how much mary was in a bad mood at the date back then but suddenly she cheered her up.

tears, hot tears just sprouting out of her non colored eyes. "why ...?" she wonders why she's crying about someone and not just gambling her life away, like mary mentions all the time.

she sighs, placing the card down as she got up and wiped the tears on her face. the black haired one decided to take some air and planned on going to the local playground, just relaxing out there.

chilly, breezy, and gloomy was how the sky looked liked as she sat down on the swing, looking down full of melancholy. her going out didn't seem to change anything, so she decided to leave early.

not until she heard someone.

"yumeko."

she froze, hearing a fimiliar voice.

it was mary.

she couldn't believe that her ex was right now standing behind her. "h-hey..." she turns around, trying her best to hide her sadness with a gentle smile. mary, on the other hand, gives yumeko a warm hug which shocked the taller. mary wasn't the type to give hugs so why is it that she's the one hugging her?

"your scent changed. are you okay?" she said, resting her head on her shoulder. the black haired one didn't care about her health. what she had in mind was, are you doing okay without me?

"yup! i'm all good mary-san!" she accidentally had a voice cracked as she attempted to cover up. mary looks up and kisses yumeko in the middle of nowhere but this time, the kiss had no chemistry whatsoever. it felt like the lips yumeko felt back then wasn't the same and it dissatisfied her.

it was yumeko, who reluctantly pulled away from mary as she also took a few steps back. "yumeko?" she heard the faint voice call her out. she misses her so much yet she pulled away, feeling no guilt at all.

she looks down once again, letting the tears flow out of her eyes, clenched her fists, and took a deep breath. "i love you! i still do! and just so you know," she looked up to see mary who had a bizarre look on her face. she didn't expect her to give her that kind of look as she tends to falter but suddenly got the strength back once again, "my love for you will never die out."

she smiles, placing both of her hands on her heart.

mary, who had a tiny blush on her cheeks, suddenly saw ririka near the playground as she calls out for her name. she signals her that she'll be there soon which caused the older to leave them for privacy.

"thank you, yumeko. the past is the past, i can't go back to you like that." she said solemnly, expecting yumeko to cry but in the end ...

she still kept smiling.

she sighs and gives mary the usual giggle that she would use, "go to her. she needs you."

the blonde widened her eyes for a second and later grinned towards her. "i'll see you later! we should totally hangout somewhere eventually!!" she shouted as she waves towards yumeko. the gambler still had the same smile like she had.

but not one feeling for mary changed.

not after what happened.

she sinks down on the floor as she saw mary, who gave ririka a peck on the cheek and went away. "i should be happy for them but i can't." she whispers, letting more tears come out again.

"come back mary-san. please stay ..."