𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙶𝚞𝚖?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha and Athena quickly got out of their car and ran to where Nick was in the hospital. 

"Is he going to make it?" Athena questioned. Steve shrugged in response to Athena

Natasha looked at Steve "Tell us about the shooter"

"He's fast and strong. Had a metal arm" Steve responded.

Athena went into shock. One of the first missions she went on for S.H.I.E.L.D came back to her mind as Natasha and Athena questioned at the same time "Ballistics?"

Hill shook her head "Three slugs, not rifling. Completely untraceable"

Natasha continued to question "Soviet-made?"

"Yeah"

Beeping went off in the operation room to signify Nicks's heart had stopped working Natasha muttered under her breath asking Nick to not leave her so Athena put a comforting arm around her. 

———————————————————————

Steve stood at the back of the room while Athena and Natasha looked over Fury's body. Seeing Natasha cry was rare she's cried 2 times the entire time Athena knew her. Crying was beaten out of Natasha when she was in the red room. The only times she cried was when everyone thought Athena was dead and now this.

Steve walked up to the two women "Natasha, Athena"

The two said their last goodbyes and quickly left. Steve called after them causing Natasha to turn around "Why was Fury in your apartment?" She questioned.

"I don't know" Steve lied. A man came over to them and told Steve that S.H.I.E.L.D wanted him back at headquarter. He told them he would be before looking back at Athena and Natasha.

"You're a terrible liar," Athena told him.

Natasha nodded in agreement "Come on Athena" The two walked until they were out of the corridor but then Natasha stopped and hid behind the wall. "What's that in his hand?" She questioned.

Athena shrugged "I don't know but why is he hiding it in the vending machine?"

They watched as he put the stick behind some Hubba Bubba chewing gum. Natasha looked down at her friend "Fancy some Gum?" She asked

Athena smiled at her "I would love some"

Athena gave Natasha some cash so she could get to the device Steve put in there. After they got it out Natasha passed Athena some of the chewing gum "Enjoy Tina"

Athena smiled and popped the gum into her mouth "Thanks, Nat. Now let's wait for him to come back"